• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    It's been new ones for as long as I remember.

Mgderf, I don't know why more people don't jump on it. It's as convenient as it can be, and it only costs a few bucks. I don't have kids, and it's still something I do every year.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    They used to ask for "gently used" toys, but now only want new ones. When did this change?

I'm not sure when it started, but it's likely because people were donating broken or incomplete toys. Would you give your own child a broken or incomplete toy?
    The Toys for Tots organization doesn't have the time or resources to segregate and or repair junk.

They are not asking for super expensive gifts, just no trash.
    The average price of the toys I donated were under $5 each, but at least some child will get a gift instead of nothing.

Thank you to everyone who participates in this venture.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I suspect a lot of participation swing has to do with all the angel trees in various places. That philanthropy increases in opportunity yearly. I also see the ability to have more of a connection, which some people appreciate, with that type of giving.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Love when franchises (Chicago Wolves) and events join too.

[video=facebook_share;298093254134112]http://www.facebook.com/ChicagoWolves/videos/298093254134112/[/video]

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    We’ve had the boxes in our range for a few weeks. The toys for tots people wanted to pick them up this past Friday, but due to a couple of special events we were having this weekend, and one on Tuesday evening, they agreed to leave the boxes, and one of us will haul them to the collection facility Wednesday morning.

Kperkins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2018
    Logansport
    Does anyone know where a drop off is located near Logansport? I tried finding it on the website but wasn't able to find one. I really want to do this now that I have a child

Top Bottom