• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I can't understand why companies are afraid of honest Americans???

They are afraid of lawyers. Can't you see that when a store issues such a statement, it's more worried about legal liability than anything else?

Da Bing

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Lawyers and HR people just put this stuff in as boiler plate any more. We were working on our employee handbook and got a no firearms section without asking. I quickly quashed that entry. Our insurance doesn't care if we have a no firearms policy or not, and I doubt that theirs does either. It is the corporate lawyers that think that they are more immune to lawsuits if they have a policy against carrying and someone gets hurt because of a firearm.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    Lawyers and HR people just put this stuff in as boiler plate any more. We were working on our employee handbook and got a no firearms section without asking. I quickly quashed that entry. Our insurance doesn't care if we have a no firearms policy or not, and I doubt that theirs does either. It is the corporate lawyers that think that they are more immune to lawsuits if they have a policy against carrying and someone gets hurt because of a firearm.

This makes me think about the opposite...

If I leave my gun in the car, obey their rules, and get mugged/shot while in their "safety" - can I sue them? Has this ever been done that anyone knows (not just to Douches R Us, but to any retail)?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    This makes me think about the opposite...

If I leave my gun in the car, obey their rules, and get mugged/shot while in their "safety" - can I sue them? Has this ever been done that anyone knows (not just to Douches R Us, but to any retail)?

Im not sure, in a way that would be like if they had a "no seat belt sign", on their parking lot, you might sue them if you get hurt in a car accident on their parking lot because you obeyed their "no seat belt" rule.

:D "douches R Us" :):

SHEEPdOHdoubleG

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    East Central Indiana
    These kinds of things just make me laugh. Not in a "oh that's funny" type of way, but in a "how can you be so ignorant" type of way.

"At Toys “R” Us, Inc., the safety and security of our customers and our employees is, and always has been, our highest priority."

How Original... That sounds awful similar to what Virginia Tech, that New York City Pizza Shop, Luby's Cafeteria, the Amish School in Pennsylvania, Columbine High School, the Trolley Square Shopping Mall in Salt Lake City, Fort Hood, and most recently the Norwegian Island (where 93 people lost their lives) thought before all hell broke loose.

When are people going to start realizing that by labeling yourself as a gun free zone, you are putting a big red target on, not just your store, establishment, organization, etc. You are putting big red targets on those people you value most, your CUSTOMERS and you EMPLOYEES.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Wait, are you telling me that there isn't an invisible force field keeping us gun-toting thugs from crossing over into stores with those signs? Dammit, I've been fooled all of this time.
    That's what they're relying on.

gun-free-zone.jpg

Magnum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    North Indy
    I grew up playing with toy guns. Part of my fascination with, and desire to own guns, I owe to Toys R Us for offering some of my favorite guns as a child. I feel obliged to express my gratitude by carrying into their store and silently contributing to their desire for safety.

I like the earlier comment about safety not even being in their top three. It's funny to me that this country is basically pro gun by and large, yet it feels as though the masses are scared and wary of guns. I can understand legal liability concerns, but I almost wonder if there is a master legal policy being put out there that most corporations all use as a reference on policy making. I worked at a bank where I know they had a third party write their company handbook.

Top Bottom