• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joshuametivier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Columbus
    Maybe the guy who wanted to trade his xd9 for my PT 840 saw my previous thread with 99% of INGO'ers urging me to "TRADE AND RUN!!!", or he got a better offer. Who know.. So. I have 134 rounds of dissatisfaction into this gun, and I have another 116 rounds to put through. I am going to bring pencil and paper and record the results. I will post them when I get back (I will be using the 1 mag that is functional, I sent the other one back, and am currently waiting for the new one to arrive in the mail). Joshua

joshuametivier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Columbus
    Well, took the gun to the range and put the 116 rounds in it with the mag that works. Only problem I had was on one particular round where I pulled he trigger, gun went bang sending round down range, slide went back ejecting case and loading the next bullet, BUT the hammer did not lock back and followed the slide foward going into double action mode. Range officer said it could have been a slightly soft load, but he said that its not unheard of, but very rare. Just another reason why I am having a hard time trusting this pistol. The sights are off and shooting consistently about 3 inches low of poa, so I have to raise the sight up to correct it. I wish the magazines fit snuggly in the well, too. I am done complaining. I will end up sending the gun back at some point. Until I do, I'll just keep shooting it. Joshua

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Well, took the gun to the range and put the 116 rounds in it with the mag that works. Only problem I had was on one particular round where I pulled he trigger, gun went bang sending round down range, slide went back ejecting case and loading the next bullet, BUT the hammer did not lock back and followed the slide foward going into double action mode. Range officer said it could have been a slightly soft load, but he said that its not unheard of, but very rare. Just another reason why I am having a hard time trusting this pistol. The sights are off and shooting consistently about 3 inches low of poa, so I have to raise the sight up to correct it. I wish the magazines fit snuggly in the well, too. I am done complaining. I will end up sending the gun back at some point. Until I do, I'll just keep shooting it. Joshua

I'd go ahead and send it back, and mention all the issues to have them looked at and hopefully fixed all in one trip.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU

Aren't you G L A D, you have lifetime warranty

joshuametivier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Columbus
    I'm glad I have a Glock19, and a Springfield Range Officer that have been nothing but an absolute pleasure to shoot. Yeah tomorrow I am going to give Taurus a 2nd call and request they rectify the issues with the gun. I will not pay to ship the gun to them under any circumstances, but since I have already sent in my warranty and I just bought the gun I hope they will pay for shipping. I am probably not giving the gun and the company a fair chance, but this will probably be my last NIB investment I make in the Taurus company. I like my guns to be in top notch performance and I took a calculated chance based on exstensive review of the purchase and still ended up on the wrong side of the "is Taurus a worth firearms manufacturer, or not" debate. Joshua

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I'm glad I have a Glock19, and a Springfield Range Officer that have been nothing but an absolute pleasure to shoot. Yeah tomorrow I am going to give Taurus a 2nd call and request they rectify the issues with the gun. I will not pay to ship the gun to them under any circumstances, but since I have already sent in my warranty and I just bought the gun I hope they will pay for shipping. I am probably not giving the gun and the company a fair chance, but this will probably be my last NIB investment I make in the Taurus company. I like my guns to be in top notch performance and I took a calculated chance based on exstensive review of the purchase and still ended up on the wrong side of the "is Taurus a worth firearms manufacturer, or not" debate. Joshua

TAURUS is a hit or miss out of the factory:dunno: That is why a lot of :ingo: members won't buy them.

Top Bottom