• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bfaves

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    So i decided it was time to move to the .40 caliber only no more 9mm's so i traded my m&p9c for a glock 23 with 2 holsters, 4 magazines, lots of ammo and it was made 12-29-2011 so its in excellent condition, well i couldn't be happier other than having issues concealing it well.. so now im thinking of trading off to a 27 opinions?

:dunno:

Hilker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    I also have a 23 and yes it is diff. to cc. so I baught a walther pps .40, its a single stack 7+1. acts just like the 23 but real nice to cc. good luck

bfaves

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    its not the double stack that bothers me that much, more so the longer grip, looking at diffrent holsters now i have a glock holster and a serpa level 3 and niether are good for cc, im looking into a the crossbreed holsters! btw walther makes a damn nice firearm

schick84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Boone County
    I can highly recommend the Galco King Tuk, pretty much the same as crossbreed and no wait time. Bought mine at gander mountain for $60

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    If you are willing to try an IWB retention holster, I'd recommend investing in a 3 Speed Holster. They are custom made. I carry a G23 in one and love it. I am most comfortable with Appendix carry, which does cause me to print if I wear a form-fitting shirt, but assuming you're a guy you would probably have more options. I don't care for sub-compacts. Don't give up on the 23!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTUQwzXv8lM&feature=pyv

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I can highly recommend the Galco King Tuk, pretty much the same as crossbreed and no wait time. Bought mine at gander mountain for $60

The King Tuk is a great holster. I have one and carry my 23 or 27 in it at any given time.

I drove straight through back from Orlando and had my 27 in it the entire time and just about forgot I was wearing it.

If you decide to swap out to the 27 or pick one up in addition the King Tuk will accommodate both the 23 and 27.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The G23 is not bad to carry. Trick is to invest in a good holster and more importantly a belt. IMO the G23 is easier to shoot then the G27.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I was in the same situation. I had a 23 and thought I wanted a 27 for better concealment. I traded and ended up trading back to a 23. I was able to shoot the 27 almost as well, but only with pinky extensions that made the grip roughly the same as a 23. IMO the Glock 19/23 is the perfect carry gun. I'm on my third one and I keep coming back because nothing else compares.

Also, the Comp-Tac MTAC is better quality than the Crossbreed and the production time is only about 3 days. Plus you can order just the Kydex portion if you decide to change your carry gun. :twocents:

This was made for my 27, but I re-molded the end for the 23:
    404492415.jpg

Here it is when I had the 27:
    404492422.jpg

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    The King tuck will probably be my next holster purchase. However don't discount the Versa-Carry. I was a little leary at first but I find myself using it often. As for trading down to the 27...I have both and find myself carrying the 23 more. I know several people who have gone to the 27. They end up putting a mag extention on to help carry your pinky finger which puts the grip close to the 23. Only now you have 4 less rounds.

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Here are a few pictures of my 27 & 23. I you look close at the grip you will see there really is no difference.
    2012-11-03_15-07-29_521.jpg

2012-11-03_15-08-36_288.jpg

2012-11-03_15-08-22_366.jpg

2012-11-03_15-07-46_195.jpg

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    If you are willing to try an IWB retention holster, I'd recommend investing in a 3 Speed Holster. They are custom made. I carry a G23 in one and love it. I am most comfortable with Appendix carry, which does cause me to print if I wear a form-fitting shirt, but assuming you're a guy you would probably have more options. I don't care for sub-compacts. Don't give up on the 23!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTUQwzXv8lM&feature=pyv

Sorry to go off topic here, but video is ridiculous. I assume the dramatic music is to keep us in suspence as to whether or not this guys pants are going to fall down with his belt loose enough to stuff that canvas bag of a holster down the front of them. There are plenty of quality holsters on the market that allow both firearm and pants retention. :D :ranton:

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    As for Glocks, I prefer the mid-size (19) myself, and as for that video, I agree, looks like a gimmick, basically a new version of the Smart Carry which I tried once and hated.

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    I am aware that factory mags have flat base plates. I used a picture of an extended mag for demonstation. As I originally stated alot of people end up adding the pinky extention. Mainly because they can't get use to their little finger not having any place to go.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I was able to shoot the 27 almost as well, but only with pinky extensions that made the grip roughly the same as a 23.

I am aware that factory mags have flat base plates. I used a picture of an extended mag for demonstation. As I originally stated alot of people end up adding the pinky extention. Mainly because they can't get use to their little finger not having any place to go.

Indeed.

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    There are plenty of quality holsters on the market that allow both firearm and pants retention.

What makes you think that "canvas bag" of a holster isn't one of them? Just because YOU may not like it doesn't mean someone else wont be happy with it. There are several other demonstrative videos, I just picked the main one off their site.

Music? Loose pants? Really dude? It warranted a rant? :rolleyes:

I made a friendly suggestion based off personal experience. That is all. I made no allegation that it was the superior choice. So...chill.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    What makes you think that "canvas bag" of a holster isn't one of them? Just because YOU may not like it doesn't mean someone else wont be happy with it. There are several other demonstrative videos, I just picked the main one off their site.

Music? Loose pants? Really dude? It warranted a rant? :rolleyes:

I made a friendly suggestion based off personal experience. That is all. I made no allegation that it was the superior choice. So...chill.

You replied to this thread faster than you can draw from that holster!

My post was by no means an attack on you. If that holster suits your needs, awesome. Geez, don't get your thunderwear in a bunch! :D

BTW, I'm always chill. :cool:

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    I work weekends, today is my forum catch-up day.

Anyway, no hard feelings. :)

What the hell is "thunderwear"?

Top Bottom