• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RetDep310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Columbus
    About to do something that is totally against nature...trading my Glock 19!!! Owned a Glock of some sorts for around 20 years, but last month my wife bought a S&W M&P9c and I totally fell in love with it. Shot it, and loved it more. For me, it falls right in-between, size wise, to the 26 and the 19. Sorry Gaston, you still have a good gun, but I fell off the bandwagon. Now I just need to get rid of all the left handed holsters I've acquired over the years!!

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    About to do something that is totally against nature...trading my Glock 19!!! Owned a Glock of some sorts for around 20 years, but last month my wife bought a S&W M&P9c and I totally fell in love with it. Shot it, and loved it more. For me, it falls right in-between, size wise, to the 26 and the 19. Sorry Gaston, you still have a good gun, but I fell off the bandwagon. Now I just need to get rid of all the left handed holsters I've acquired over the years!!

My friend is a lefty and a huge glock nut. Not sure which models he has.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Falls in between the G19 and G26 in some respects (length, height, & capacity), but not in others (width and weight). Glad you found something that works well for you.

G19 – 6.85” L x 5.00” H x 1.18” W, 4.02” bbl, 21.00 oz, 15+1 rnds.
    M&P9C – 6.70” L x 4.30” H x 1.20” W, 3.50” bbl, 21.70 oz, 12+1 rnds.
    G26 – 6.29” L x 4.17” H x 1.18” W, 3.46” bbl, 19.75 oz, 10+1 rnds.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    As long as it makes you happy, different guns for different folks. Although, im sure you could get something for all the extra hardware. Heck, can always try here

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Something tells me, you'll be back.

I used to have a G19, sold it to get a M&P 9c for the exact reasons the OP listed. Used it as my carry gun for over a year, then sold it and switched to the Ruger SR9c which is now my main carry option.

While I'm keeping my Ruger, I just recently went back to Glock, picking up a new Gen4 G19. No matter what I get, I'm not getting rid of my Glock again :D

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I get the urge to switch things up every so often... that means buying something to carry other than my Glock 19. I just went through an evaluation phase recently. I eliminated the M&P in this most recent round and the Caracal. I'm still carrying the G19 as it's still the best performing pistol on the market for me.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    You will be back......

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    There is nothing wrong with trying something new, I bet you just like me until you see that other brands don't deliver as good as Glock then you will miss your G19.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    The only problem I have with threads like this is that people gave up a gun to get a gun... then again... I might just have a hoarding problem LOL!

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    The only problem I have with threads like this is that people gave up a gun to get a gun... then again... I might just have a hoarding problem LOL!

Agree, I believe its like giving up a kid or something. Granted, I have traded in one pistol, but it was one that I bought to help a friend out. Used that to get nice new one that I wanted.

7.62asprin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Evansville, IN

Any chance those holsters would fit a full sized XD in 9mm? My pops would be interested in that.

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    Sounds like you did yourself well.............I traded a mini-14 for a CZ P-01 in 9mm...............although I haven't got rid of my g19..............it's sits and sits and sits......

Top Bottom