Trading a firearm to a out of towner..........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • asquires2

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I struck a trade a deal with a guy from Oklahoma on a trade for a firearm. I was told all I had to do was send a copy of my DL and a copy of my FFL with the package and we would ship on the same day. Long story short this trade has been 3 weeks in the making and I still have yet to see the trade complete. I forgot to send a copy of my info but I tried faxing the info 5 times then I finally put it all in the mail. I sent the info out 2 weeks ago and they are saying they havent recieved it yet. Im to the point he is blowing smoke now.

Hes had my firearm this whole time . What steps will I need to take to get this resolved?

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    Thats unfortunate, if it were me it would be a road trip.

A call from a lawyer perhapse ?

I dont think im easy with doing long distance dealings, i like to see the person im dealing with.

As long as it was all done legally id ask a lawyer.

asquires2

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thats unfortunate, if it were me it would be a road trip.

A call from a lawyer perhapse ?

I dont think im easy with doing long distance dealings, i like to see the person im dealing with.

As long as it was all done legally id ask a lawyer.

This is the first time Ive had a problem . I was thinking of calling his police department.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    Sounds like he may just enjoy your trade and his. Send your shipping info with your package and I'll mail it right away = "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."

The info can be there is seconds with a scan and e-mail. Send another letter delivery confirmation and call the PD in his local area when you know he's had it for a couple days and you still get BS. Let him know it's coming down that way. My bet is the shell game has been played and you're out of luck.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    You can call his local PD...however, im sure they will want proof before they go running around knocking on doors.

If you can fax them the information im sure they will act.

Let us know how this turns out, im curious....and hope you get your goods back!

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    I did send it to his FFL dealer and I actually thought about sending it certified mail and then pull the plug.

Presume you double checked to make sure the dealer in oki is legitmate.

Have you called this dealer and discussed the situation, maybe the guy you traded with has pulled this before.

What about the person you traded with did you get address and land line phone number.

asquires2

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Presume you double checked to make sure the dealer in oki is legitmate.

Have you called this dealer and discussed the situation, maybe the guy you traded with has pulled this before.

What about the person you traded with did you get address and land line phone number.

I didnt get a landline number , I do have his cell and I do have a landline number for his FFL and addy.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Ive talked to his FFL and he is telling me he has possession of both firearms hes just waiting on my info.

If the FFL has it, can you do the it step-by-step with him.

1) Scan your shop's FFL
    2) Attach it to an email with the OK FFL in the subject line
    3) Give him a call on the cell, let him know you're hitting send
    4) ****-chat for the couple minutes it make take to show up

Also, you can send him this page to help him identify that the address he is sending to is listing as a dealer on the ATF's page:
    FFL-List-Indiana

[edit] Seriously? I can't say c.h.i.t. -chat?
    **** chat. chitchat. ****-chat.
    ...nonsense.

[edit]
    ....its not even a ****ing swear word! :)

asquires2

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sounds fishy to me then. I think it would be worth the $27 to send it overnight certified.

I talked to the out of towner today and hes saying its a mishap with my FFL as to why he hasnt mailed my gun to me. Hes telling me he hasnt recieved the copy I sent him and thats all hes waiting on. So Im gonna overnight it in the morning and hes told me once he recieves it my gun will go out the same day. He did give me his home address as well as his FFL's address again. Im thinking with a overnight certified it will be looking at him Monday meaning I will recieve my firearm by Thursday.

Top Bottom