• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I don't really know why... Other than maybe the Kung Flu world we're in is affecting my brain.

Let's say that I have a barely used Gen 5 G19 FS with a factory threaded barrel, suppressor height sights, milled for and with an RMR, and 11 mags.

Think I could get someone to trade 1 for one for a G17 in the exact same configuration?

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Morning Tact. What would be the point ? Sounds like you are already set with that rig.

Because many people I trust state that longer guns carry better AIWB. And my wife already likes the 1 plain jane G17 we have...

unless he wants a longer barrel and a few more rounds in the mag. :dunno:

May as well. There's no real penalty in weight/size when carrying a G17 vs a G19. Especially with as much waistband real estate that I have.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Because many people I trust state that longer guns carry better AIWB. And my wife already likes the 1 plain jane G17 we have...

May as well. There's no real penalty in weight/size when carrying a G17 vs a G19. Especially with as much waistband real estate that I have.

Thats very subjective. Just get a 17 length holster if that’s what your after.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Do the 17 round mags for the G17 still fit the G19 ? I haven't kept up with gen 5 models.
    Best of luck to you Tact. I hope you find that out their sir.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    That combination may be a bit hard to find an exact match for. Obviously you could consider keeping the extra G17 mags as they will work with the G19. It's the rest of the specifics you have that may be still difficult to match.

That said, if it's just for appendix carry (I don't so no knowledge in that area) preference, seems like hpclayto's idea is the easiest remedy. Not sure why a longer slide, etc would make appendix carry easier (seems shorter slide would benefit there), but again not how I carry.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I made a specific trade like that once. I traded a SA Loaded Commander size for SA Loaded government size.

But the stars have to line up right.

I would say it's rare to pull off such a trade.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Of course I love Glocks, but you have to be careful, back in 1993, I had to have a Glock-19 gen 2, so I traded my Colt LW Commander for one straight up, well back then both were worth about $350 ea, nowadays, the Colt LW Commander would easily fetch (pre covid) about $850, the Glock-19, $350, see what I am saying.

Megasaki

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 1, 2020
    Bloomington
    I always have bad luck with trades. You may want to just buy the 17 outright, then sell the 19 rig to cover expenses. That way you end up with exactly what you want instead of waiting for that perfect trade or trading for a gen / config you didnt want.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    One G17 is never enough. My wife has a G17 in a Gun safe attached to her nightstand. I sent my slide to Allen M to have him do the slide cut for the RMR and cerakote it sniper gray. He also added front serrations. Just build another 17 like you want.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Some of you people make way too much sense.

Another problem with just buying a G17 holster, which is a mighty fine suggestion, is the addition of a light to the gun. SOME light bearing holsters will work between longer and shorter guns - like my Raven Perun LB.

I don't know that ALL do. But that's something to research as I delve deeper into this.

And yes - totally get the frustration waiting for another INGOer to have the gun that I want, and for him to want the gun that I have, and for us to meet up to trade.

The SKU for the G19 I have is: PA195S3G03TB

In looking further, I'm not at all sure that they even make a G17 in that configuration. So maybe it's a moot point.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I don't think you would have any trouble selling your 19 in its current configuration but unlikely would would find someone with a similar 17.

Probably best to build the 17 you want and then sell your current rig.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have been AIWBing a G17. Also have carried a G17 and a G26.

The G26 carries better in a G19 holster.
    The G19 carries better in a G17 holster.
    The G17 carries better than the G26 and G19. The longer slide helps with weight distribution, and it just makes it a more sturdier carry. It’s very comfortable. Plus the longer grip feels better in the hand. And you have more to grab onto when drawing.

And with the right belt and holster, you can’t tell I’m carrying the G17.

Top Bottom