• ...and so much more!
  • wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    Arrest in Kokomo...

Two men arrested in Kokomo for stealing 22 guns.
    Story can be seen in the Kokomo Tribune.

Last edited:

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    and the moral of the story is........... don't be a scumbag thief
    maybe some of these firearms will make it back to their rightful owners.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Are you a Kokomo cop or do you just claim them as yours ? ;)
    (I don't hate 'em as I don't know 'em.)
    My buds are the men and women of B watch. Well,most of B watch! NFG's on that shift! I am just a dum*ss that gets to eat dinner with them.:popcorn:

~Christian,there are tons of cop haters on here...

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    Okay, I'll play. I wonder what the odds are of ANY of these guns making it back to the rightful owners? That usually doesn't play out well. Hopefully YOUR department is different, and does the right thing.

If not... think you can get us some good deals on any of them? :)::draw::):

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    Not to be a "cop hater" or anything, but I am just curious about something. They were charged with "possession of a handgun without a permit", but they had 22 guns in a moving truck. Sounds like they were moving. And Indiana law protects gun owners who may not have a LTCH when they are moving the weapon from one residence to another.

Just saying.

If these guys are crooks and stole the guns, then charge them correctly for it and put them under the jail. But, is there maybe a chance, that one of these two bought some guns or accepted them in trade from someone who turned out to be to be of poor repute, and the buyer was unaware that they were stolen? Seems like a lot of guns to have, and only have a couple turn up stolen.

The younger kid having weed on him is another beast on its own, but I am a little hesitant to shake pom-poms in this arrest until more is known.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Not to be a "cop hater" or anything, but I am just curious about something. They were charged with "possession of a handgun without a permit", but they had 22 guns in a moving truck. Sounds like they were moving. And Indiana law protects gun owners who may not have a LTCH when they are moving the weapon from one residence to another.

Just saying.

If these guys are crooks and stole the guns, then charge them correctly for it and put them under the jail. But, is there maybe a chance, that one of these two bought some guns or accepted them in trade from someone who turned out to be to be of poor repute, and the buyer was unaware that they were stolen? Seems like a lot of guns to have, and only have a couple turn up stolen.

The younger kid having weed on him is another beast on its own, but I am a little hesitant to shake pom-poms in this arrest until more is known.

First off, don't trust what the media says someone was charged with. Second, do you think the officer that located the guns didn't ask where they were being transported from and to?
    Third, if they were only charged with poss of handgun w/out a permit and poss of marijuana, it may be that they need to obtain more information (victim information) in order to make sure the guns were stolen. Just knowing they are stolen does not make a difference unless there is a victim.
    Fourth, I don't need you to shake your pom-poms when I make an arrest of any type. Truth is, making the arrest only costs you and the other tax-payers more money by tying up my time, the jail's time, the court's time, and a public-appointed attorney's time. Just sleep well at night knowing that we do our best to keep you and your family safe by putting dirtbags where they belong.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The Kokomo Herald paper has a small picture of the guns involved.

Looks like a couple of shotguns, an ak, ruger markII with scope,
    a bersa, 1911, a couple 5 revolvers, maybe a couple of glock/hipoints
    small autos etc. and a 10/22 or similar.

It's kind of hard to tell by the photo.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

Just saying.

They were also charged with possession of stolen property. Looks to me like they were charged correctly.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Saw the thread title and thought it might be an INGO member on his way to a Meet & Shoot. Then I realized that no self-respecting INGO member would be caught going to a Meet & Shoot with anything less than 25 guns. :D

Top Bottom