• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • neil221211

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Anderson
    My friend was home from Iraq on leave. We had just left Steak n Shake. He had forgot to turn on his driving lights but his fog lights were on. ISP pulls us over asks for the usual and if there were any weapons in the vehicle. We replied that there were two weapons in the vehicle and that we both had our LTCH. He didn't ask to see either nor did he check the weapons. +1 to the ISP for a smooth traffic stop.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    You must not of had a dog with you.

Does ISP do anything other than fleece the general population?:D

Just kidding, I know they take reports of wrecks too.:):

Preacher715

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    French Lick, IN
    I have been pulled over twice by ISP while carrying... he asked where it was and i explained front waist and he was cool... just a little puzzled as to why i had 5 full clips as well... lol

I have had issues with the county and city police... they act as if i robbed a bank... its nice when they call the calvery in... The most ive seen dispatched was 4... not including the city cop that saw my gun while i was in line at the gas station and called in the calvery

victor 1971

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    The region
    As long as your honest and confident, there is nothing to worry about. Just remember that when you are legal, you are a step above the rest. Don't be one of the herd, stand out and be proud.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I got pulled over on the Toll Road last week. I keep my LTCH under my DL and when I removed my DL from my wallet the trooper saw the LTCH and asked if I was carrying. He asked to see the weapon and took it back to his vehicle. He returned it to me unloaded with the magazine and rounds in a zip lock bag. He handed me my warning ticket for improper passing, and then politely asked me to wait until he had pulled away before reloading the weapon and continuing on my way, citing his safety for that request. He never asked about extra mags, but if he was going to go to all that effort to protect his safety, he probably should have. I always carry 2 extras.

inxs

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    One wonders why they are nervous about the people who are up front with them. I would personally worry about the ones that aren't.

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    One wonders why they are nervous about the people who are up front with them. I would personally worry about the ones that aren't.

Agreed. The people who jump through all the un-constitutional hoops shouldn't be the ones persecuted.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    You must not of had a dog with you.

Does ISP do anything other than fleece the general population?:D

Just kidding, I know they take reports of wrecks too.:):
    Saw an accident on my way home from work today on I-65, it was pouring rain, there was a county mounty, and two ISP cars there. The mounty was standing in the rain with one of the ladies involved, and the ISP dudes were sitting nice and dry in their cars.:rockwoot:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Saw an accident on my way home from work today on I-65, it was pouring rain, there was a county mounty, and two ISP cars there. The mounty was standing in the rain with one of the ladies involved, and the ISP dudes were sitting nice and dry in their cars.:rockwoot:

yeah, they will tell you they dont get paid enough to get wet. my buddy (ISP) hates getting out of his car. he dont issue warnings. if you make him get out of his comfy car your either going to jail or getting a ticket. lol. hes a D***

WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I got pulled over on the Toll Road last week. I keep my LTCH under my DL and when I removed my DL from my wallet the trooper saw the LTCH and asked if I was carrying. He asked to see the weapon and took it back to his vehicle. He returned it to me unloaded with the magazine and rounds in a zip lock bag. He handed me my warning ticket for improper passing, and then politely asked me to wait until he had pulled away before reloading the weapon and continuing on my way, citing his safety for that request. He never asked about extra mags, but if he was going to go to all that effort to protect his safety, he probably should have. I always carry 2 extras.

I feel the same. I think it's more dangerous to hand an officer a loaded weapon, have him mosey back to the car and unload it, and then give it back to you after he's done. Too much weapon handling (especially for a person that might not be a gun guy) for my comfort.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I feel the same. I think it's more dangerous to hand an officer a loaded weapon, have him mosey back to the car and unload it, and then give it back to you after he's done. Too much weapon handling (especially for a person that might not be a gun guy) for my comfort.

There were a lot of things that concerned be about the way this was handled. I was not allowed to clear the weapon before I handed it to him butt first with the muzzle pointed in my direction. The Sig P239 that I was carrying does not have a safety. I always keep a round chambered, and I made him aware of that. There are thousands of different pistols out there, and it is unlikely that this trooper is an expert on all of them. What happens if this guy shoots himself in the car with my gun?

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    does it seem there have been an awful lot of LEO encounters reported on here lately? i say this to raise a point. it would seem from what i read here and elsewhere that any time and encounter has been reported, ISP usually handles the situation fairly civil, however, it would seem local and county olfficials seem to be very lax on the carry laws. it seems most of the bad encounters are by local police. does anyone else see a trend apprearing? could it be because the ISP troops go through a different and more thorough ILEA basic class than do local police? huh, i might be on to something. prehaps ISP officers endure more in-service training? maybe there should be some out-cry from folks who have had negative experiences with local LEOs and call to Mitch and complain and maybe, just maybe after all of the rights violations and such something will be done to change the insufficent training our local LEOs endure. just a thought, chew on it.

pforgs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Camden
    I'm 18 and recently got my Lifetime personal protection.

I was on my way to swim practice in the morning and got pulled over by a local officer. When he came up I handed him my DL, Proof of insurance, registration, and my handgun license (I didn't have any weapon except my Buck knife with me)

He came back from his car, talked to me about being safer with the snow (it was the first snow of the season) and handed me my ticket and that was it.

It was really smooth and easy.

I found out two weeks ago when I got a letter from the county clerks office that my ticket was never turned in, and I got a full refund on the money I paid. It made me smile.

But I was super surprised he didn't ask me about having any weapons or any thing alone those lines.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana

I'm not sure I understand this quote. From a logical standpoint, it makes more sense to be "worried" about the person you KNOW is carrying a firearm. Just because somebody is "legal" doesn't mean they aren't a danger.

I would agree the person who lies is more of a threat, but then again.....if they're lying, how is the leo supposed to know they have a firearm, and thus......be threatened by it?

Top Bottom