• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Exactly what are you people posting to give him your permit and tell him you have a weapon going to tell the jury when they ask you how the officer was shot and killed outside of your window with YOUR WEAPON because the dip stick didn't know how to handle it or unload it...

Well, first of all

...I'm contesting the speeding ticket. :rockwoot:

MrBogok

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Indy
    I never tell the Police that I have a firearm in my truck, too many questions follow. Why prolong the delay? Wrte the darn ticket and let me be on my merry way to buy more ammo.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    going to tell the jury when they ask you how the officer was shot and killed outside of your window with YOUR WEAPON because the dip stick didn't know how to handle it or unload it.

And that's the best case scenario. If the cop does not shoot himself (as with Dan's P99), he could shoot passing traffic, moms with strollers, bicyclists and even ME!:D

With the lack of weapons handling demonstrated to me while Officer Cowboy fumbled with my pistol pointing it back at me, no possible way I am telling any police officer that I have pistols on me.

A Friend of 2A

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I was wondering sometimes ...
    Lots of people show their gun licence with their driver's licence to the cop so they dont have to say "I have a gun on me" and maybe scare the cop.
    But what if you are not the one driving?
    If you sit next to the driver will you let the cop know that you are armed even if he didnt talk to you and only ask to see the driver's licence?
    Not likely, I have not committed any infractions be sitting in the passenger seat of said car, I, therefore, will not have any interaction with said LEO. Just my :twocents:

railbug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Noblesville
    I was stopped by a Hamilton county sheriff and had my gun in the glove box, I told the officer before I opened the glovebox. The officer walked around the car and opened the passenger door got in the glove box took out the gun unloaded it and took the clip an the chambered round with him. When he returned with my ticket he gave mr back the rest of my goods, he never asked for my permit. I have mixed feelings as a friend of mine had a family member killed by a officer unloading a gun outside the car (shot him in the head) that happened years ago but could happen today, not all officers know everything about every gun.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    I would just hand him my License and LTCH at the same time.

I take this statement back.:): Just got pulled over an hour ago and I didn't give it to him and he didn't ask. Apparently the neon Turquoise ground effect lights I spent all day today installing can't be installed under the front bumper. No ticket, just let me know that, ran my lic and let me go.:rockwoot:

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I take this statement back.:): Just got pulled over an hour ago and I didn't give it to him and he didn't ask. Apparently the neon Turquoise ground effect lights I spent all day today installing can't be installed under the front bumper. No ticket, just let me know that, ran my lic and let me go.:rockwoot:
    Turquoise.... -1

lane440

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    whiteland
    I have had only two stops , the first one the officer just had an attitude I was in my 72 monte giong to get my pay chech then to BMV , he pulls me over in front of the university on west michigan whithout reason because he couldent give me one , i call it reverse discrimination :dunno: hes just fishing so after coming back from running my ID and my papers he sees my permit and asks me where my gun is (yells it at me while going for his gun ) I tell him i am not packing . The fourth time Yes fourth time he commands me to show him my gun i told him i dont have one again, out of the blue he calms down and let me go. The second time I was going to father i laws after work and i was packing i got pulled over by the motorcycle speed trap , now i saw the speed trap while i was stoped at a light before i turned because they had a line of cars pulled over and i could see it through brookside park where father in law lives anyway they pull me over and gave me a ticket they didnt want my insurance or rejestration nor did they care about my glock 30 laying unholsterd next to me . Just goes to show never can tell what you are in for.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Question.... doesnt every LEO have a window on their computers that says you are a permit holder...

thats what I was told, but I could be wrong.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Question.... doesnt every LEO have a window on their computers that says you are a permit holder...

Some counties/cities have it listed in their database LTCH that were applied for/issued through them. And it will come up on their computers. I've also heard that a few(very,very few) dispatches will automatically run the persons name through the state database. But generally no for the state of IN. Other states yes if you have a license/permit from that state.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN

Your LTCH is not linked to your DL, so no, but it is possible they know. When you apply through your local PD, often times they keep that info. Some of them have put together a database and they check that database as well on a traffic stop.

The catch with this is that they will only know if you're pulled over in the jurisdiction where you applied for your LTCH. If you're outside that jurisdiction the police won't know.

I don't know of any departments that are using the state database to run checks on traffic stops, but I could just be in the dark. ;)

redbaron

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Elberfeld

I don't know of any departments that are using the state database to run checks on traffic stops, but I could just be in the dark. ;)

I asked a local state trooper this very question last week and he told me that they have no way of knowing whether you have a LTCH unless you tell them OR they see the LTCH while you are getting your DL out of your wallet.

I also asked him if I need to tell them that I am carrying when they pull me over. He said that you are not required to inform them, but that they would like for you to let them know. That way there is not the element of surprise if they happen to see the gun.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I've oftened wonder about this. Most officers I know are pretty level headed guys and I don't think they would freak out. On the other hand, it seems that some have come across a few officers that didn't handle the info well. I've no personal experience either way- and would like to keep it that way!

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    As a LEO you tell me your a permit holder...I assume your on my team. You do not tell me there is a gun in the vehicle and I see one within arms reach...big problems.....

2004 had a gun who was pissed off about being stopped and he flung open his glove box.....He kept his registration under his kimber.........Bad idea.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    As a LEO you tell me your a permit holder...I assume your on my team. You do not tell me there is a gun in the vehicle and I see one within arms reach...big problems.....

2004 had a gun who was pissed off about being stopped and he flung open his glove box.....He kept his registration under his kimber.........Bad idea.

But don't you see we're not on your team. You want to write me a ticket, or arrest me for anything illegal. I don't want a ticket and want to avoid being arrested.:D

Just cause I don't tell doesn't make me a BG.

Top Bottom