• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The camera was a big hit. So much of a hit, that we have ordered a second one. The daytime photos are amazingly clear. Nighttime photos are as one would expect.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Good to see a couple young bucks made it thru deer season , looks like the one on the left is a up and comer given a couple more years.... Nice pic there Mom45...

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Thanks. We have seen a few that should be nice come next hunting season. We were also glad to see there were still a few bucks hanging around. We have a decent herd based on the pictures we are seeing.

I'm impressed with the cameras. I'm actually thinking of buying a third one to use for a security camera in our driveway. Pictures are really clear.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Your making me want to go pull my memory card, its been out for quite awhile and would like to see what there.... Its been prob. 2.5mo since I changed battery's and changed the card.. I guess I need to get some new battery's and some corn and go do a swap in the next week or so...

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I ordered more Lithium batteries since the regular ones don't seem to be holding up as well. I had one camera with alkaline and one with lithium just as a test. Amazon had the lithiums half price so I got a couple more packages of those. We're still playing with the settings on the cameras to see what we like best so they are being checked fairly often.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I got one of the Stealth Cam G42NG for my anniversary gift. I have it setup and it will pick me up when I walk by, when I go by on the mower, and when I open the case. It will not however pickup the cats stalking the bird feeder that walk exactly where I did. I am running brand new Duracell alkaline batteries. A SanDisk sd card. Class 10, I believe.

Tonight I moved it to a tree closer to the bird feeder and it seems the range is even shorter now but it still picks me up as I get to the bird feeder which is about 10 feet away. What am I doing wrong?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I am using Lithium batteries in ours and they last about 6 months. I have found that if I want to pick up small stuff like squirrels, I have to hang it really low on the tree.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    It's only about 5 foot off the ground. There was a opossum eating the corn on the ground this am. I will check it at lunch time and see if I got him.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    When I had mine that high, it wasn't picking up anything small. It would trigger the camera but there would be nothing on the card. When we put it about 2 foot off of the ground, we were suddenly getting EVERYTHING...squirrels, possum, coons, fox, coyotes, turkeys and still plenty of deer pictures too. And even neighborhood dogs...easy to prove now whose dogs are on my property when my poultry would get killed.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Moved the camera down to about 2 feet off the ground and sure enough, finally got video. Not 1, 2, or 3 coons, or 4, 5, or 6 either. 7!!!! 7 coons chowing down on the corn I put down. It was crazy. I can't wait to see some other stuff.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Moved the camera down to about 2 feet off the ground and sure enough, finally got video. Not 1, 2, or 3 coons, or 4, 5, or 6 either. 7!!!! 7 coons chowing down on the corn I put down. It was crazy. I can't wait to see some other stuff.

I was amazed at the stuff we started seeing when I lowered the camera. I have one shot with two coyotes in it and another where a fox was laying down by the tree in front of the camera. They looked a bit too comfortable for my liking. I am getting plenty of deer and turkey currently and did see a fox and a few coons last week on one of the cameras.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    After a couple nights I realized that the only way I was picking up the coons at the feeder was that one would come over and check out the camera then it would record. I wonder if I need to go a bit lower or just closer. Time for more testing.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I had baby turkeys on mine this morning...along with the moms and my stupid guinea chasing them around.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    When there are raccoons around make sure your cam is secured to the tree good. I found that out the hard way. It wasn't horrible or anything but they could move it around. Probably caused me to miss some stuff is all. I could see dirt marks on the cam when I checked it yesterday but figured it was a deer sniffing it (get that a lot...deer selfies).

Top Bottom