• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I read the owner's manual just to make sure I wasn't missing something. I'm not. As a novelty, whatever, it's your money. To pretend it's useful for self defense? :)::)::):

You've got to unfold it, which requires manipulating some small sliding controls, both hands, and a bit of time.

From the owner's manual "...half-cocked position for loading and unloading. NEVER ATTEMPT TO LOAD THE PISTOL WITH THE BOLT COCKED! In the half-cocked position, the bolt is captured and the trigger cannot be pulled. Do not carry the pistol with a live cartridge in the chamber. " (bold added for emphasis)

So you've got to load it. (It holds 4 cartridges in a little compartment, so there's a plus)

Now you've got to cock it before you can fire it. If you need to shoot right now, another small control to use and more time to do so. Threat is present but not imminent? So now your choice is either to cock and hold a gun in single action, with no trigger guard, and who knows what trigger pull...or wait until you need to shoot to pull out the little dart gun cocker...a two handed job unlike a hammer cocked gun.

So then you didn't need to shoot. How do you decock? Well, you push forward on the cocker of course. What could go wrong pushing a gun with no trigger guard forward to decock it? :rolleyes: At least you aren't burdened with sights, and I'm sure the ergonomics are perfect for a consistent index...

This almost makes the Heizer doubletap look sensible.

chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/http://www.trailblazerfirearms.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/lifecard-manual_web.pdf if you want to take a look at the manual.

But the Heizer in .223 at least had the cool factor. :):

Patriot3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Kokomo
    It's a novelty gun with a novelty price. I will not be buying it due to not being practical or having the cool factor to me. That doesnt mean it isnt cool to others, just not to me.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    The golden gun actually killed people.
    The liberator was dirt cheap.

That isn't a novelty price, that's ridiculous price. For $400 you can pick from any number of other options with enough left over to adequately conceal it.
    I like goofy stuff but that's just dumb.
    I agree it's better than nothing. As such I think it should have a better than nothing price.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Okay so I just came across this and its pretty neat! (Just my opinion). Kind of has that same novelty factor as a pen gun for example.
    Will they sell thousands...doubt it! Its an extreme price point with no real defensive value! Hell at $199 it would be worth a look just
    to have something "different" to talk about with your buddies. They will probably sell a few hundred, go out of business then that "specific" someone
    will end up paying double the original price to have one in their collection. I like to see manufacturers thinking outside the box!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I hate to be a debbie downer, but I think a sharpened credit card would be as or more effective and the price is right.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I can see a use for this in self defense. Let's say that you are walking through a tunnel and a rabid gerbil stood between you and your destination. You could easily use this to clear your path and keep moving. It's heavy enough that you could throw it like a throwing star and knock the little devil senseless while you make your escape.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I can see a use for this in self defense. Let's say that you are walking through a tunnel and a rabid gerbil stood between you and your destination. You could easily use this to clear your path and keep moving. It's heavy enough that you could throw it like a throwing star and knock the little devil senseless while you make your escape.

Hey, you put 14 rds. through someones ear canal and they'll think twice about messing with you again.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    FalconRC369
    Top Bottom