• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    Anybody know of any good trainers or programs to lose weight? I am tired of being as big as I am. Need to shed this extra baggage now!

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    Diet pills, eating better, walking. I just cannot commit to it myself. Need that push, that drive. Also when I am working my feet kill me after a couple hours walking on concrete. tried so many insoles and different shoes. It is just getting too much to bear. I'm about 350 right now at 6"3' and would like to be back down to 250 or below.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It sounds like you need a training partner to help keep you motivated. Do you have a spouse/neighbor/close friend/etc. who might be interested in exercising with you?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    CrossFit: Nutrition

Been doing this for 4 years. I have now added powerlifting to my CrossFit routine so my nutrition needs are different to allow me to grow stronger. However, my wife started following a Paleo'ish diet as prescribed by CrossFit when she started working out. She shed 30lbs like she was taking a coat off and she wasn't even very fat.

Bailey06

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I know the gym i belong to has personal trainers that meet with you on your schedule. They help you with a diet and workout. Not sure your location but most gyms would have these types of trainers that work there.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    My wife but she has a motivation problem too lol.

I could yell at you, free of charge. :D

GIVE ME TWENTY PUSH UPS NUMNUTS!!! :drill:

I think if you managed to stick to a routine for enough time then your results will become your motivation.

Do you want to lose weight or lose weight and gain muscle at the time?
    What kind of exercice can you do? Pull ups, chin ups, push ups etc. :dunno:

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    CrossFit: Nutrition

Been doing this for 4 years. I have now added powerlifting to my CrossFit routine so my nutrition needs are different to allow me to grow stronger. However, my wife started following a Paleo'ish diet as prescribed by CrossFit when she started working out. She shed 30lbs like she was taking a coat off and she wasn't even very fat.
    Definitely looking into this!

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    I could yell at you, free of charge. :D

GIVE ME TWENTY PUSH UPS NUMNUTS!!! :drill:

I think if you managed to stick to a routine for enough time then your results will become your motivation.

Do you want to lose weight or lose weight and gain muscle at the time?
    What kind of exercice can you do? Pull ups, chin ups, push ups etc. :dunno:
    I wanna lose more weight first, then build some muscle second. I am not as strong as I once was. I used to deliver furniture when I was 25 and was at 250 then. I was picking up double reclining leather couches and loveseats by myself and bringing them in houses lol. Not as muscular as I was but I still have some strength. I am one of those ADD guys that doesnt know where to start lol.

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    250984_4221623708884_643177630_n.jpg

me in August 2012....
    199817_1013240141300_5145_n.jpg

Me at 25 at 250

Curls & Swirls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgan County
    I did weight watchers and I really like their points plus plan. It takes more into account the protien and fiber intake than it use to and I know a guy who lost weight with them. Maybe if you start your wife will follow. Take small step instead of trying to jump in head first with the exercise. I think small steps is the best way to do most things.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I did weight watchers and I really like their points plus plan. It takes more into account the protien and fiber intake than it use to and I know a guy who lost weight with them. Maybe if you start your wife will follow. Take small step instead of trying to jump in head first with the exercise. I think small steps is the best way to do most things.

I started it 3.5 weeks ago, just the online version. I've tried the calorie counting before and it does work, but I didn't learn anything. I'd eat and make my servings fit the calories. With WW, I'm re-learning how to eat. Fruits, veggies, lean meats... it sorta naturally cuts the carbs because they have so many points. I've bought more fresh fruit in the past 4 weeks than I have in the past couple years!

Since you guys have motivation problems, you may want to look in to their weekly meetings and weigh ins at their stores. You'll have that accountability of showing up each week, and you'll have the class leader helping to teach and motivate you. My mother has used WW off and on for years, which is what steered me towards them.

I ran a half marathon last fall and didn't lose a single pound during my training cycle. Weight is not lost at the gym or on the treadmill, but at the dinner table. Big adjustments will have to me made to how you plan and eat your meals.

You didn't gain the weight in six months, so be prepared for this to be a long journey. It may well take you 18 months to get down to 250, since they want you to lose 2lbs a week on average. Your "healthy weight" will be under 200...

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    My wife but she has a motivation problem too lol.

This is actually (can be) a pretty big deal, most people abuse food (me too) WITH COMPANY.

See if this sounds right, you/she step up to the counter and order a tripple cheese burger and large fry NOW SHE/YOU order next and TA DA, you order the same thing or similar OR MORE, because THAT AMOUNT IS NOW OK to have.

I have had the same problem is how I recognize it, the great thing is, it can work the otherway also, YOU order the chicke with no bun and iced tea.......and watch, she will do the same.

The point is, have an honest discussion about food, before it is time to eat and you will be more successful.

Good luck to all (I need this too)

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    I started it 3.5 weeks ago, just the online version. I've tried the calorie counting before and it does work, but I didn't learn anything. I'd eat and make my servings fit the calories. With WW, I'm re-learning how to eat. Fruits, veggies, lean meats... it sorta naturally cuts the carbs because they have so many points. I've bought more fresh fruit in the past 4 weeks than I have in the past couple years!

Since you guys have motivation problems, you may want to look in to their weekly meetings and weigh ins at their stores. You'll have that accountability of showing up each week, and you'll have the class leader helping to teach and motivate you. My mother has used WW off and on for years, which is what steered me towards them.

I ran a half marathon last fall and didn't lose a single pound during my training cycle. Weight is not lost at the gym or on the treadmill, but at the dinner table. Big adjustments will have to me made to how you plan and eat your meals.

You didn't gain the weight in six months, so be prepared for this to be a long journey. It may well take you 18 months to get down to 250, since they want you to lose 2lbs a week on average. Your "healthy weight" will be under 200...
    I will definitely check that out, because truthfully I still eat like a teenager lol. I really don't know how to eat right or wat to do, awkward as it may sound! Another big thing was ADD, being forgetful and lazy. Now that I am trying meds I have a little bit of want to, so I would like to build off that.
    This is actually (can be) a pretty big deal, most people abuse food (me too) WITH COMPANY.

See if this sounds right, you/she step up to the counter and order a tripple cheese burger and large fry NOW SHE/YOU order next and TA DA, you order the same thing or similar OR MORE, because THAT AMOUNT IS NOW OK to have.

I have had the same problem is how I recognize it, the great thing is, it can work the otherway also, YOU order the chicke with no bun and iced tea.......and watch, she will do the same.

The point is, have an honest discussion about food, before it is time to eat and you will be more successful.

Good luck to all (I need this too)
    It's pretty common how that goes with us, lol. She started the diet pills, so I did. I kept forgetting and stopped, so did she. I tried eating right(failed) so did she. Then we both jumped off the wagon same time lmao. She has used a trainer before we got together and lost alot, but he said he was a douche so she quit. (unprofessionalism basically hint hint) Alot of good ideas, I will be looking into them for sure. I just really have to lose this weight. I posted those pics so ya'll could see the change lol. It literally only took 18 months while going to tech school to gain 130 lbs. I don't know how it snuck on me, but it did. I was 381 when I graduated LTI in 2010. Since then I got down to 342 but now back up to 350.

Curls & Swirls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgan County
    If you look into weight watchers I would definitly do the meetings at least to start with because you have a lot of people there giving you good ideas. If you can afford it, buy a monthly pass because it is cheaper in the long run and it kept me motivated to stay with it because I was paying for it!!! Also use your online tracker!!!! I know you can use the computer because you are posting here, so use the tracker!!! I lost a little over thirty to hit my goal and have kept it off for over a year. A lot of it is a mind set, be determined to stick with it. If you have a bad meal, don't let it turn into a bad day, if you have a bad day try to make the next day better. It will be a lifestyle change because if it isn't you will go right back up to where you started. This doesn't mean you can never have the foods you love again. It is a mental battle that you CAN win.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm not sure where you live, but I joined NIFS and really like it. I meet with a personal trainer and nutritionist. It goes beyond the static old-school bench press and squats. They adjust your training regiment to suit your objectives.

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    If you look into weight watchers I would definitly do the meetings at least to start with because you have a lot of people there giving you good ideas. If you can afford it, buy a monthly pass because it is cheaper in the long run and it kept me motivated to stay with it because I was paying for it!!! Also use your online tracker!!!! I know you can use the computer because you are posting here, so use the tracker!!! I lost a little over thirty to hit my goal and have kept it off for over a year. A lot of it is a mind set, be determined to stick with it. If you have a bad meal, don't let it turn into a bad day, if you have a bad day try to make the next day better. It will be a lifestyle change because if it isn't you will go right back up to where you started. This doesn't mean you can never have the foods you love again. It is a mental battle that you CAN win.
    Right on thanks! I think I will get in touch with them, it seems the way to go.
    One of the biggest problems is boredom eating. Huge habit I need to break.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Right on thanks! I think I will get in touch with them, it seems the way to go.
    One of the biggest problems is boredom eating. Huge habit I need to break.

Yes, I have that problem as well. Having that point tracker or calorie tracker helps to keep me honest. After 3.5 weeks of this, I'm feeling less hunger at night than I used to.

Weight Watchers is built so that most vegetables and fruits are zero point items. So you can have a handful of carrots or an apple and not have it count. You also get 49 bonus points a week to use however you want. You can use them on days when you want that extra piece of pizza or a beer or when you go out to dinner, or not use them and you'll lose a little more. They're designed so you won't always feel so guilty by going over the daily points.

No matter what method you choose, get a food scale, measuring cups, and measuring spoons. Do you use two tablespoons of peanut butter on a sandwich or four? There's a big difference. Are you eating 3oz of chicken or 6oz? Is that burger a quarter pound or half? You can't track your food if you don't know how much you're eating. It will be pretty tiresome at first, but it will be eye opening. You have to be honest with yourself.. telling a lie to the tracker is only hurting you.

You'll probably end up going out to eat less just so you can control your food. Money saved there will make up for the monthly membership fees ;)

Top Bottom