• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kirkwood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Bloomington
    Where can I go for some training. I was at the MC Sports the other day and was told a retired cop does something around bloomington but it didn't sound too "official" where do people go in this state for some good training?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    yeah been wondering the same thing, sucks to have to travel so much. They need a range in Bloomington :)

Without a doubt. I'm just getting back into doing some serious shooting after being out of it for a few years. I'm considering new firearms and reloading, let alone practice for self defense.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    yeah been wondering the same thing, sucks to have to travel so much. They need a range in Bloomington :)

I was once on the board of a gun club that operatedthe most beautiful range in the state in Bloomington. It was located at 10th and Range Rd. (runs west of Fountain Park Apts.) nestled in a small valley called Sycamore Valley and run by the Sycamore Valley Gun Club. The land was provided by IU President John Ryan and succeeding presidents until we got one very anti-gun ultra-leftie named Myles Brand who had it literally ripped out of the ground back in 2000. That man is a monster.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Was that range right next to the IU cross country course?

Cross county was at the top of the hill in front of the trap and skeet range (which Brand also demolished) with the gun club at the bottom of the hill down in the valley.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I was down there about a year ago staying with a friend in those apartments. I went for a run on the cross country track and found a sign for a range. I followed the road for a bit and couldn't find much of anything. There was a bunch of construction going on where I assume the range used to be. Some big IU buildings going in around there.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    BTW did you ever see or use the IMU range? I always heard there was one several years ago. I emailed rec sports when I was still in school and they wouldn't even admit to me one ever existed.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    BTW did you ever see or use the IMU range? I always heard there was one several years ago. I emailed rec sports when I was still in school and they wouldn't even admit to me one ever existed.

Yes, it was a nice indoor range. It was student run and only closed about 6 or 7 years ago. I heard that indoor lead pollution finally gave the administration an excuse to pull the plug. It was used fairly often by ROTC. The entrance was from the outside along the path leading from the stairs down into Dunn Meadow just west of the Commons entrance (where the awning is on the south side of the Union).

Top Bottom