Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Ladies,
    I just wanted to put this thread here in case someone looking for training had not seen it. Many times the BP 100 course is 50% women. This seems to matter to some ladies and not to others. Many times couples take it together.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../154179-basic_pistol_100_august_6_2011_a.html

This IP class is the next step up from BP 100. You may take it as your first class if you feel you are ready. Some video with this one.

ACT's IP 101 August 6, 2011 - INGunOwners

Please consider ACT for your August training needs. Do not hesitate to email me with questions.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Starting to receive registrations. Hope to have some flyers in Warsaw gunstores by the weekend. Email me for registration forms.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    One advantage of this class is that it addresses the complicated issue of storage of guns in the house and car. If you have kids or perhaps will have kids in the home and are concerned about accidents and safety this class is great.

Another advantage this class has over many basic and intro courses is that it has a significant while not too large live fire session.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I have some questions about this course in general, not for the Warsaw date.

My Mom and Daughter took a basic NRA course together in May (not an ACT classs) and doing that was great for both of them. I would even say priceless. Their class was also 50% or more female.

I would also say your course description is better. Their trainer sucked and they did not shoot enough. Their words not mine, I agree based on what they said but I digress, they still loved doing it. They want to do more.

Could my 16 year old daughter attend a course alone if you supply the gun? Prefer Glock 17 or 19. I live too far away now to be able to come with her or supply a gun. If I can, I will.

Could my Mom attend but maybe not shoot as much? I could see her going for it but I am not sure she is up for 200 rounds in her Ruger revolver. She is slow, but if she had the flexibility to shoot less and/or slower I think she would be fine. She is a good student.

When is the next time this course will be in Indy or close to Indy, say closer than Lafayette?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Could my 16 year old daughter attend a course alone if you supply the gun? Prefer Glock 17 or 19. I live too far away now to be able to come with her or supply a gun. If I can, I will.

We can definitely provide a loaner for her. Would your Mom be coming with her? Minors without a guardian is a concern and we'd have to discuss that in more depth.

Could my Mom attend but maybe not shoot as much? I could see her going for it but I am not sure she is up for 200 rounds in her Ruger revolver. She is slow, but if she had the flexibility to shoot less and/or slower I think she would be fine. She is a good student.

Absolutely, and if she attends it will solve the minor/guardian issue.

She can shoot as much or as little as she wants. We've had people with significant hand/wrist issues who just went at their own pace and did fine. We could also let her use a bigger revolver so the recoil won't be as punishing (I have a 4-inch 686).

When is the next time this course will be in Indy or close to Indy, say closer than Lafayette?

October at Marion Country F&G.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Ok, that sounds great, we can make that work. I am going to talk to Mom today and let her know we found their next class and much shorter drive. Is there a date set yet?

Mom's revolver is a snubbie, double action only so yeah, it wears on her. The rest of us use Glocks so I would prefer my daughter use one or a Revolver. She could use Mom's gun if you loan her the 686.

Thanks!

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    We have G17s and G19s available. She could try an M&P as well, or an XDM. Or all of them.

We'll probably do the IP101 class the same day. Would they be interested in that? It extends the range time and covers more of the gun handling skills, drawing from the holster, etc.

Ok, that sounds great, we can make that work. I am going to talk to Mom today and let her know we found their next class and much shorter drive. Is there a date set yet?

Mom's revolver is a snubbie, double action only so yeah, it wears on her. The rest of us use Glocks so I would prefer my daughter use one or a Revolver. She could use Mom's gun if you loan her the 686.

Thanks!

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    We have G17s and G19s available. She could try an M&P as well, or an XDM. Or all of them.

We'll probably do the IP101 class the same day. Would they be interested in that? It extends the range time and covers more of the gun handling skills, drawing from the holster, etc.
    I will Slap Yo Momma for saying that kind of stuff, she can use the G17!

I think more of the basic is good for them, lets set them up for success. Anything more is a bit much for Mom and they enjoy taking classes together. How many 16 year old kids took handgun classes with their 77 year old Gma, or even GrandPa for that matter.

Plus if this times out right, she will fly up here to spend the Fall Break with me and I can reinforce what she learned. Please don't do the class the same weekend as the Fall Break for North Central! I need to find out when that is anyway.

PS Her Fall Break is Thursday 10/27 to Sunday 10/30

Last edited:

windingwinds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Miami County, Indiana
    Of course I work that weekend in August, but would be interested in a class in Warsaw if it doesn't fall in hunting season....like next Jan or Feb. I have thought about a handgun but have never used one, would love to bring my 2 sons with.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Do you guys have any advanced or tactical courses?

You'll have to define "advanced" and "tactical" for us.

We do have defensive pistol and rifle classes:

DP101 - Intro to Defensive Pistol
    DP201 - Defensive Pistol 2
    DR101 - Intro to Defensive Rifle
    DR201 - Defensive Rifle 2

I believe that both DP classes have been offered at Warsaw. I do not intend to travel that far with my rifle classes, but it's a possibility.

We have other special topics classes as well, including the low light class I'm doing in December. I'm also considering doing a one-handed class in early 2012 (not just shooting one handed, but doing draws, reloads, malfunction clearance, etc. all with strong hand only and support hand only).

Top Bottom