Training suggestions or recommendations...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ziggy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne area
    Church security team training suggestions requested. Likely to have a range of experience but little formal training. Six to ten members.
    Suggestions? An existing class or something customized to our needs?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Are you looking for shooting training or security training? IMO, I'd start with body language and threat detection + conflict deescalation + first aid. Then I'd worry about shooting.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Are you looking for shooting training or security training? IMO, I'd start with body language and threat detection + conflict deescalation + first aid. Then I'd worry about shooting.

Agreed. I get a lot of questions about doing church security classes up here. When I answer them much as you have above, they look at me like I am speaking in tongues.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I have to agree with Mike and BBI. BBI's suggestions are nearly as sexy as a run and gun, active shooter response, 3000rds before lunch class, BUT will afford your group with 95% of what they need to perform in the stated environment. You won't likely EVER need to operate as a light infantry squad.

As to specific suggestions, I would recommend finding a training operation near you and discussing your specific needs directly with them. There are many good candidates available in the area, BBI and Cedartop are two of them.

ziggy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne area
    Thanks to all who replied. We have plans for de-escalation training, threat detection training, lawful use of force training, other people who will be specific for first aid, etc. I am thinking some members may have past military training, some past law enforcement training, some fire arms experience but little or no formal training. We want to make sure everyone is on the same page and prepared to co-ordinate as a team.

Top Bottom