Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Fishers
    From this....

rugerwithbushnell.jpg

To this....

raptor1022.jpg

This was a fun project. I will have to say I was very reluctant to start stripping and sanding on this reciever but now i couldn't be happier. All I have left is to find a new trigger group and she will be complete!

rocked

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Fishers
    I am really excited to see how the TS barrel compares, I have heard nothing but good things about them. Thanks for all the great comments. That is a sweet lookin' 22 451_D. It really suprised me how much weight these mods took out of the gun.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    It really suprised me how much weight these mods took out of the gun.
    That was the whole purpose of my build...to go lightweight. I can shoot mine offhand like a pistol with little effort. My first 10/22 build almost doubled the weight of the rifle which was what I wanted in it. Next build will be on of the M1 Carbines...much cheaper to shoot than my Inland.

I considered the same stock you used but Dad shoots left hand so I used an ambi stock but I really do like the one you used as well. I am considering using a complete Timney drop in trigger on the Carbine build.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    That was the whole purpose of my build....

same thing with my build. I wanted a light weight hunting rifle. I went with a hogue stock and a tac sol barrel. the tac sol barrel really is a great shooter. after about 300-400 rounds mine started shooting 1 hole groups at 25yrds and I can put 10 shots inside a quarter sized target at 50yrds shooting the cheaper CCI ammo {blazers}...even at 100yrds I was impressed with the groups..nothing to write home about but for me even hitting the target at 100yrds is nice with a .22lr, I never expected that kind of accuracy out of a relatively inexpensive barrel. Im also running a Kidd bolt and trigger.

rocked

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Fishers
    I ordered a VQ trigger group yesterday, I hope I like it as much as you guys like the Kidds. I have heard good things about both products.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I ordered a VQ trigger group yesterday, I hope I like it as much as you guys like the Kidds. I have heard good things about both products.

The VQ trigger is nice but the Kidd trigger is a totally different animal. you'll like the VQ. I think my next trigger purchase will be a rimfire tech trigger group..I've heard good things about them as well.

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    Wow, great looking 10/22, your alot farther along than me, all i've done so far is put an extended mag release. I will probably just settle with a red dot and a side folder. I'd almost be afraid to shoot a rifle that pretty.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute

I have a VQ group in a Steel Challenge gun that I like better for that purpose than the 7/14 Kidd that I have in a rifle built for accuracy.
    I'm sure you'll like the VQ.

Top Bottom