• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Just had another thought...do you feel the truck trying to go into gear? Our '88 has been sitting a lot the last few months since I mainly just drive it in the winter. The brakes were locked up on the rear wheel the other day. I couldn't get the truck to move, but could feel it kicking into gear. Sledge hammer persuaded the drum to come off so we could fix the locked up brake.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Just had another thought...do you feel the truck trying to go into gear? Our '88 has been sitting a lot the last few months since I mainly just drive it in the winter. The brakes were locked up on the rear wheel the other day. I couldn't get the truck to move, but could feel it kicking into gear. Sledge hammer persuaded the drum to come off so we could fix the locked up brake.

The rubber break hoses wear from the inside out. Sometimes a stuck break is fluid not going the other way through the hose because the worn lining blocks it, like a heart valve.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The rubber break hoses wear from the inside out. Sometimes a stuck break is fluid not going the other way through the hose because the worn lining blocks it, like a heart valve.

In our case, it was rust from the truck sitting. The cylinder was leaking and the brake shoe was very worn. Lots of rust. My initial thought was the transmission when I went to drive it and it wouldn't move but then I realized I could feel it trying to go into gear and move.

Top Bottom