Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Deluxe Trauma Responder Pack

Deluxe Trauma Responder Pack - American Red Cross

RC-645

SKU RC-645 Case Qty 10 HAZMAT ORM-D Height 8.25" Length 2.875" Weight (lbs) 0.6 lbs Width 3.875"

bullet.gif
    Retail Price: $13.95
    bullet.gif
    You Save: $2.78
    bullet.gif
    Our Price: $11.17
    In Stock

Product Description
    Deluxe Trauma Responder Pack

Serious wounds need more than a tiny bandage
    The American Red Cross Trauma Responder Packs contain essential supplies to treat and protect wounds.
    Features and Benefits
    - Lightweight design makes it easy to grab, pack and carry
    - Gauze and trauma pads absorb blood and create a cushion over the wound; conforming bandages and tape protect wound
    - Gloves and cleansing wipes help establish a clean and sterile environment and reduce the spread of germs
    Be Red Cross Ready:
    Get a Kit, Make a Plan, Be Informed! The American Red Cross can help you prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies.
    - Antiseptic wipes to clean wounds
    - Trauma pads, bandages and tape to protect wounds
    - Gloves and hand sanitizer to prevent the spread of germs
    Contents:
    (4) Trauma pads, 5”x 9”
    (6) Gauze dressing pads, 4” x 4”
    (1) Conforming gauze roll bandage, 2”, in sterile package
    (2) Conforming gauze roll bandages, 3”, in sterile packages
    (6) Antiseptic cleansing wipes (sting free)
    (2) Hand sanitizer pack, 0.9 g
    (4) Exam quality vinyl gloves
    (1) First aid tape roll

Quantity Discounts

1 - $11.17
    10 - $10.57
    100 - $10.27
    400 - $9.97
    500 - $9.66
    1000 - $9.06

Last edited:

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I think it's cute how the Red Cross includes sting free antiseptic wipes, if I need a trauma kit a little sting from a wipe will be the least of my concerns.

I will say that it is not what I would use as a trauma kit but if it is all you can do or get then go for it, it's better than nothing. I would add a tourniquet to it though.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    @csaws, I just thought it was worth mentinoing since some seem to think a pre-packaged "kit" is better then putting your own together.

I thought it was funny that it is an American Red Cross Branded item..

What would the generic cost..?

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Some people might feel overwhelmed and not sure what to get, like me. I could see how that could lead them to get one.

Right now my bag has a couple suture kits, hemos, disposable tourniquets, some alcohol wipes, and a couple quikclot products.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Some people might feel overwhelmed and not sure what to get, like me. I could see how that could lead them to get one.

Right now my bag has a couple suture kits, hemos, disposable tourniquets, some alcohol wipes, and a couple quikclot products.

If you search for other trauma kits and like this one look at it's contents you can go and purchase the items you feel are needed or items you are familiar with and can use. Basically build a kit you can use.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    To me this barely fits the description of a basic first aid kit, other than having over sized bandages.

Great for big boo boo's, but nothing near resembling a first aid trauma kit.

I put this in the fail category.:noway:

OPPS, I just realized that this was the DELUXE model, make that a Double fail :noway::noway:

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Guys I was just dropping a link to a small kit that could be put in a glove boxs or a door pocket..

I know it's not the best but then "the best" is an opinion and these would be better then nothing in a roadside emergency or something a little more then a band-aid ouchie..

Hope your well,

TJ

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    @csaws, I just thought it was worth mentinoing since some seem to think a pre-packaged "kit" is better then putting your own together.

I thought it was funny that it is an American Red Cross Branded item..

What would the generic cost..?

Thank you for your for your input sir and i 100% agree the best thing is to put your own Trauma kit together. For Kits in your BOB or your BOL .

This following eye bleeding post is some items i highly recommend to have in all trauma medical kits . and get certified and learn and actively practice using them. Items in your Trauma kits are worthless if you don't know how to use them effectively. And practice using them.........

Hemorrhage control compression bandages are a must the green one are Israel copy standard US military issue from: firstcareproducts|products|hemorrhage-control

The grey packs are from Cheaper then dirt and are from Israel and is vacuumed packaged cost was around $10.00 each.

1000101t.jpg

Also buy older but still great to have US military field dressing bandage packs you can find them at military surplus stores they look like this :
    1000103jox.jpg

now buy some extras so you can keep as training aids and practice using them to stay proficient in using them in a trauma injury event....like these examples:

1000104t.jpg

Next item a must have is Tourniquet the more the better i have used and saved lives with the US military C-A-T Tourniquet Combat Application Tourniquet

1000114q.jpg

this item is also a must Air way management tubes you can learn how and when to use this items in all kinds of first aid training courses here a picture:

1000116uh.jpg

Now this next one is the item and skill set that scares alot of people who are afraid to learn . Once you learn and see how easy it is to give a IV you would wonder what you were scared of . Am here to tell you it is a easy skill to learn and to stay proficient in it i practice one a month. Find the classes and learn or find a RN etc. someone willing to teach you. But your best bet is to get certified........easy to replace bags etc.
    If you notice i have a complete set taped to a IV bag so every thing i need right there to save time.

1000118v.jpg

more IV items don't let it scare you again take the time to learn it it's so easy to learn it really is..........

1000123.jpg

Sam splint are a must to have for fracture of broken bone of all types and buy extra to practice with and these can be bought at Cheaper than Dirt for under $10.00 each..........

1000110y.jpg

also look for large military surplus abdominal bandages there out there to find:
    1000108t.jpg

Other items to think about for a trauma kit are : eye patch kits, iodine ointments,Vaseline petrolatum gauze, surgical lubricant, potassium chlorite, bandage tape of all kinds,self adherent flex tape,all kinds of ace wraps ,bandage rolls, finger tip knuckle bandages, butterfly bandages etc.

1000138l.jpg

1000132p.jpg

1000133.jpg

1000128r.jpg

1000126s.jpg

1000129v.jpg

more thinks to add.......................

1000139ux.jpg

1000120p.jpg

broken tooth of filling

1000131f.jpg

And for short term BOB this is good for a week of meds

1000140y.jpg

now you may need a eye patch after this lol and i almost forgot throw in those military arm cloth sling that we all use for dew rags for are heads and you have seen used that way in movies ..... lol

1000134a.jpg

just some items for you all to think about ...... .. again make your own kits
    learn and stay in practice with what every you have in your kits........ :popcorn:

Last edited:

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Guys I was just dropping a link to a small kit that could be put in a glove boxs or a door pocket..

I know it's not the best but then "the best" is an opinion and these would be better then nothing in a roadside emergency or something a little more then a band-aid ouchie..

Hope your well,

TJ

Understand your thought about it, but an IAFAK (Improved Advance First Aid Kit), either the Army or Marine model is much better, is about the same size and includes a tourniquet,proper wound bandages used in trauma , plus more additional sizes,an airway breathing device and gloves.

Much better to have than that, while the Red Cross is cheap, the IAFAK is about $60.00 dollars more.

When the Army/Navy surplus store in Indy @ 21st and Arlington gets some more in they are supposed to give me a call. I'll be picking up 4, one for the house, one for each of our vehicles and one for my range bag.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    @ fireblade - thanks for the detailed post, I know how long it takes to whip one of those out, much apprecitated, I have items like you mentioned in a couple different kits. The cost, source and pictures are priceless and thank you..

As for the IV situation, yes, once trained it's not a big deal but still many have issue with starting an IV. Like mentioned some are very good at it and some I won't let do it to me ever again..

@Indybeerman, first, love the ID, second, I wasn't disagreeing, it's just that many have no real skills to treat much more then a scrape. In my opinion our so called educational system, ie public school, doesn't prepare our children for adulthood and a basic first aid, trauma, preparedness course would be good. Maybe other schools teach something like it but I am unaware.

Hope you all are well,

TJ

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    try chinook medical they have some great kits in the $300 ish range..............If you shoot, you should have gear to deal with chest wounds....................

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    @Indybeerman, first, love the ID, second, I wasn't disagreeing, it's just that many have no real skills to treat much more then a scrape. In my opinion our so called educational system, ie public school, doesn't prepare our children for adulthood and a basic first aid, trauma, preparedness course would be good. Maybe other schools teach something like it but I am unaware.

Hope you all are well,

TJ

Thanks on my ID :rockwoot:

We must consider this, if schools was to provide the needed advance first aid training, more than likely it would set them up for a fail because of today's legal system. There's always someone with a crappy lawyer on speed dial.

It's a shame too, because if each and every child that finished with a little more common sense and general knowledge, then some things taught would really mean something. But the problem is you can barely get them to do what is required to get them to read, add and subtract. I don't know how many times I've give kids change so I would get back minimal coins, but I see them standing there with the wheels turning and smoke coming out of their ears.

Now any lawyer here on INGO that reads this, you are NOT included in that category, each and everyone of you have truly displayed that you are better than the any ambulance chaser.:yesway:

sbsg2005

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    While I do have more advanced first aid kits in the bags the wife and I have, the kit Icarry2 has posted is good to put in with the kids gear so they don't have to come running to you for every little boo boo. They are light and do not take up much space and require little instruction on how to use the items contained with in them. All things that are good for kids.

Top Bottom