• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spinaltapls1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Avon, IN
    Who loves camping as much as i do? I go camping just about every weekend, and would love to meet some fellow INGO campers. Maybe pick a weekend and have a official INGO camping weekend at a local state park. Any body be interested in this idea.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    LOVE camping, given the right circumstances (No *******s in RV's with obnoxious generators, etc.). Wish I could this year, but with my wife pregnant and soforth, I dont think the tent will be coming down from its shelf in the garage...

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Are you talking about car camping or backpacking? I'm down for either, just want to clarify what you're talking about.
    I don't get out every weekend, but I get out as often as I can.

Spinaltapls1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Avon, IN
    Im talking about going to Turkey Run State park and getting some campsites with the wife and kids. Sit around a campfire talk, let the wives meet. Go hiking, canoeing, cook hot dogs over the fire. We have a Travel Trailer we take out just about every weekend figured it would be nice to get some people together to share the outdoors with.

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Check my avitar :D

The family and I go as much as we can. Normally we will go at least 3 times a year for 6-10 days. The other times are just short weekend trips.

I'd be game for an ingo trip if it falls on my days off.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Our typical camping trip includes a 1 to 3 mile hike in to the woods, then we set up camp. We pack in and our everything we need for the weekend.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My wife and used to camp ALL the time. Then she discovered hotels and showers.....

I've about got her talked into a small camper. Just needs to be big enough for us and the little one. Just need to find the $$$, and it is still way down the list. :(

mdeshon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Out yander
    I am totally down. I like to do 1-8mile hikes in before finding a spot to setup camp. I like to be away from everyone. But me and fullmetaljesus go all the time in charles deam and hoosier nat

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Im talking about going to Turkey Run State park and getting some campsites with the wife and kids. Sit around a campfire talk, let the wives meet. Go hiking, canoeing, cook hot dogs over the fire. We have a Travel Trailer we take out just about every weekend figured it would be nice to get some people together to share the outdoors with.
    I was pretty much sure that's what you were talking about.
    Turkey Creek it nice. Shades right next door is cool to. Not as nice of facilities, but more quite and certainly nice enough.
    I'd be down for what ever. Probably could talk my wife and kids into coming to.
    Might be worth trying planning to different trips one for families and one for adults......

-EDIT-
    Just realized that this might be construed as trying to "take over" or what not.
    I really am down for whatever, and am just throwing some ideas.

Last edited:

woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    Has anyone ever camp at Buffalo Ridge at Brown county state park? I'm trying to set up a weekend for me and about 8-10 employee's. It's adult only so we want a non electrical place tucked back in the woods were we can get a little loud. If anyone has any other suggestion around the Brown county area, It would be much appreciated.

Balinor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    I would like to go "have tent will hike or car camp"
    Just need couple of weeks notice for work.
    same as above look at my avatar

Last edited:

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    I have my tent and sleeping bag, they need broken in! Lets go camping INGO!

whackmaster66

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Brownsburg
    We love going camping... We hit Starve Hollow down south by Brownstown... Very nice place to camp... They have clean shower houses and bathrooms for the wives and kiddos with a 150 lake and you can camp by the water which is really nice..

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I have just started getting into camping and would be down to go. I went last weekend with nothing but my BOB. If I can survive sleeping in a burrito of a sleeping bag with a Sasquatch walking around, I'm sure I could survive being in a tent. :yesway:

That being said, I prefer woods over a camp site.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Has anyone ever camp at Buffalo Ridge at Brown county state park? I'm trying to set up a weekend for me and about 8-10 employee's. It's adult only so we want a non electrical place tucked back in the woods were we can get a little loud. If anyone has any other suggestion around the Brown county area, It would be much appreciated.

We have stayed at Brown County several times. Buffalo Ridge is not the section you are looking for. Buffalo Ridge is a busy area full of familys and travel trailers. If you are looking for peace and quite, Taylor Ridge is way in the back. It is electric, but heavily wooded and not usually very busy. The Horseman section is also heavily wooded and electric. They also offer a non-electric Horsemen section, but I can not give you an opinion on that section as I have never been through there.

Spring Mill is also another great state park in the same area worth checking out.

Top Bottom