• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Depending on how much time you have before you go, you can apply for a non-resident AZ permit by mail, which would cover AZ, NV and NM. Go to handgunlaw.us, click on AZ on the map on the homepage for more info. :)
    Thanks Opus. Too late now but this will be the second visit on 2 years so may have to look into that.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    We flew to TX from Indy a couple years back, and took my 1911. The TSA at Indy called my name over the speakers, and had me open it for them. On the way back, I picked it up to find that somebody from TX to Indy had cut the lock off to inspect it. At Indy then made me give them their lock back... Far as I'm concerned, the feds owe me a padlock. It was one of a set of 10 military locks (keyed alike) too... nigh impossible to replace...

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I was already past security last March when Indy TSA came and asked for my key. I reluctantly gave it to them. They eventually brought out my key.
    Upon landing in Anchorage, I noticed a giant plastic zip tie around my case so I couldn't access any of my guns.
    I dug through my checked bag in the ANC rental car parking lot for my knife and cut it off. I landed real late & wanted to gun up before driving into town.

I flew through a few more airports while up in AK. ANC TSA asked if I could stand and watch him while they searched under the foam on both sides of the case. Said that someone was caught smuggling drugs in a locked firearms case and now they had to check under the foam on both sides. JNU TSA told me the same thing & I told them go ahead, I know what you're going to do.

I don't know if this search policy is still in effect or not.

Lesson here was to pack your case in a way that things will not fall out when opened. Don't expect your foam to stay in place. It took Indy TSA forever to repack it. I used the wrong sized plastic ammo boxes and rounds were floating loose in the box. That was my bad.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Fingernail clippers or a the bladeless Swiss Army knife that has scissors are lifesavers when it comes to the TSA zip ties

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Fingernail clippers or a the bladeless Swiss Army knife that has scissors are lifesavers when it comes to the TSA zip ties
    Ive carried a 6” set of diagonal cut pliers several times in my carry on just because someone got zip tie happy. But since I had a442 go walkabout betwixt IND and another aeropuerta, I no longer fly with firearms. I fedex Machine parts to my destination hotel.

Top Bottom