• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Koven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Leo
    Is there anything that I need to do before I travel through Ohio and into Pennsylvania? I have my LTCH for Indiana. I've also done some research, but I am still confused so some clarification would be awesome before I make this trip this weekend! :D

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    There's no problem now that WV is in the fold...

Just remember that if pulled over in Ohio, you must notify.

I was pulled over back in April.....LOcal Ohio Cop just said "Well, keep your hands off yours and I'll keep my hands off mine". He then gave me a warning when I deserved a ticket, so all was well....

Edit- I made an Illegal Left Turn into a shopping center. It was marked, but I didn't see the sign until after I was stopped. He could have written me a ticket, but he cut me a break.

Koven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Leo
    There's no problem now that WV is in the fold...

Just remember that if pulled over in Ohio, you must notify.

I was pulled over back in April.....LOcal Ohio Cop just said "Well, keep your hands off yours and I'll keep my hands off mine". He then gave me a warning when I deserved a ticket, so all was well....

Edit- I made an Illegal Left Turn into a shopping center. It was marked, but I didn't see the sign until after I was stopped. He could have written me a ticket, but he cut me a break.

What is WV?

I saw that not notifying immediately is a pretty hefty charge ;/ - I just didn't want to notify and have it turn out that I was suppose to have it locked up in the trunk unloaded.

I said I did research, but just that I wasn't sure. I have an app that seems pretty up to date and have looked at several websites including threads throughout this one. I just wanted a straight and to the point answer of yes you can carry in Ohio (Following their laws) or no you can't since I am confused :(

jpr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    As long as you have Indiana LTCH you are ok in Ohio. I think he may have thought you were going through West Virginia.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    As long as you have Indiana LTCH you are ok in Ohio. I think he may have thought you were going through West Virginia.

If you are traversing Ohio on I70 than you will indeed be passing through WV (briefly). Yuuuge Cabelas in Wheeling

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Per Handgunlaw.us : "West Virginia is a Permitless Carry state and any resident or non-resident who is 21 or older who can legally possess a firearm can carry it concealed in West Virginia without any type of permit/license. By statute West Virginia still doesn’t honor all other states permit/licenses. This statute should be updated in the future as it doesn’t affect anyone carrying concealed in West Virginia 21 or older. This is the reason why the listing of states West Virginia honors doesn’t state it honors all other states."

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Both states are GTG - follow their laws (the handgunlaw.us link for each is not a bad resource) - as far as prohibited places / must notify ...
    or - better - don't do anything silly and get stopped - like speeding or such.

Ohio passed a bill for reciprocity early this year.
    Our Governor sent the letter to WV's Attorney General - getting us reciprocity - about a month prior to WV start of Permitless (Constitutional) Carry.

(my folks live in PA, I keep up w/ that route pretty well) -

1donos

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Good to know about WV! I go through there a lot on the way to Virginia and was always a little worried about getting stopped.

Top Bottom