• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I flew out of IND to Las Vegas last year. They were taking about every 4th-5th person in line and sending them through the scanner. My wife and I had discussed them before the security line, and she decided to go through it. She was done in about 10 seconds.

I "opted out." They have to wait for another person to come over to you and they accompany you to a nearby area nearly enclosed by clear plexiglass (blast shield?:dunno: The guy takes his time and feels over your entire body with the backs of his hands. Be prepared when he feels up the inside of your leg until he "encounters resistance." His gloves are then tested for explosive residue. I don't know if gunpowder counts, but to be sure take a shower and wash your clothes between your latest trip to the range and your travels.

I also saw your post about the epi-pen. Be advised that the company that makes these recommends they be hand checked and NOT SENT THROUGH THE X-RAY MACHINE. My wife had one. We asked that it be hand checked and they said they send them through the x ray machine all the time. I again requested it be hand checked and not sent through the x ray machine and they obliged with a pretty heavy sigh and a comment that "it's your right, I guess."

Watch your liquids. I had to throw away some hair gel and my nearly full Diet Coke.

3-1-1 for carry-ons = 3.4 ounce (100ml) bottle or less (by volume) ; 1 quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag; 1 bag per passenger placed in screening bin. One-quart bag per person limits the total liquid volume each traveler can bring. 3.4 ounce (100ml) container size is a security measure.

Declare larger liquids. Medications, baby formula and food, and breast milk are allowed in reasonable quantities exceeding three ounces and are not required to be in the zip-top bag. Declare these items for inspection at the checkpoint. Officers may need to open these items to conduct additional screening.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Logan airport is where 9/11 began. I go to Boston 4 or 5 times a year, I always fly to Providence Rhode Island and just drive from there. It's about an hour and 15 from the airport to downtown Boston. I find it much easier than trying to get out of that damned Logan. If I'm staying in Marlboro it's like 40 mins to the Providence airport. I never fly into or out of Logan if I can help it.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Ooh, yeah, don't shower for a week before you go through, and make them grope you! Awesome idea! There are so many ways to degrade them, it's funny!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Cover the inside of your clothes very carefully with plastic.

Cover the outside of your clothes with the hottest pepper dust you can find.

Wish the officers a pleasant day, and as you walk away tell them there's an eyelash in their eye.

Enjoy your subsequent arrest.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Wear this shirt

screw_big_sis_tshirt-p235709631940345909qmbd_400.jpg

Top Bottom