• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spray73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I will be travelling through Virginia and North Carolina soon and am attempting to educate myself and prepare for any and all carry issues one may or may not come across.. I'm posting in hopes anyone with knowledge or tips on these two states may chime in.

I will NOT be in Ohio.

Will be through KY and TN but I frequent those states.

Thanks in advance.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I believe both VA and NC honor Indiana's LTCH. SC, unless something has changed, does not.

INAL and you'll get better info by looking up the individual State laws regarding CC/OC and Reciprocity.

spray73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I've been skimming over everything I can find the last week or so, Both States DO acknowledge our ltch but as you all stated, it's the finer things I'm attempting to get down pat. Will be travelling the Blue Ridge and thus making the touristy stops along the way..

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Read here for specifics: Handgunlaw.us

NC is a must inform state, so if you're pulled over let the cop know upfront. NC also recently legalised carry in bars and alcohol serving establishments. You cannot drink and carry tho. So, if you go out for dinner and plan on having a drink, leave the gun.

VA is an OC state, if you desire to do that. VA also now honours the Indiana LTCH. Thankfully. That wasn't the case till recently. The link above will let you know particulars of each state.

Top Bottom