• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avcautoinc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    Tread softly but carry a big stick is something i like to abide by. While my soon to be wife, father and mother in-law and i were having dinner at applebees in Noblesville last night, we were sitting at the bar and she was talking to her mom and dad. Two guys drinking what seemed to be heavily were sitting across the bar from me. I (and probably a lot more people since they were talking very loudly) heard them ask the bartender "What's your policy about carrying firearms in here" he and his buddy laughed then said "Because I'm pretty sure we are both breaking it". I was thinking, wow i cant believe what i just heard. Why would you make everyone around you (maybe im the only one who noticed or cared) know you are sitting at a bar drinking with a firearm on you. I wanted to say something when we were leaving but i decided to keep my mouth shut.

Anyone else have any stories like that?

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    I'm pretty sure applebees does not have a policy on firearms. I can't tell you the number of times ive oc in the restaurant.

Unfortunately there is no law prohibiting carrying drunk. Good news for me
    gun_beer.jpg

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I don't see an issue with sitting at a bar and drinking responsibly while armed.

I do take umbrage with the type that wants to let everyone within earshot how cool they are because they carry. I ran into two guys like this at a friend's house party a few months back. Within about 3 minutes of meeting them they aware bragging about getting their LTCHs and playing with collapsible batons, twirling them around like they were on the pep squad.

I didn't stick around after that.

avcautoinc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    I don't see an issue with sitting at a bar and drinking responsibly while armed.

Neither do I, I had two beers and was also carrying. I just didn't let everyone around me know it.

I do take umbrage with the type that wants to let everyone within earshot how cool they are because they carry. I ran into two guys like this at a friend's house party a few months back. Within about 3 minutes of meeting them they aware bragging about getting their LTCHs and playing with collapsible batons, twirling them around like they were on the pep squad.

Thats exactly what it was, two dipsh#$ thinking they are hot stuff.

Top Bottom