• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    the callery pear is very invasive. It is popping up all over near the city limits of Bedford. On my way out of town I'm slowly seeing its migration along road sides out.

give another 5 years, you'll be hearing a lot more on this nasty invasive. Its quite hardy when it gets established, fire and glyphosate only **** it off.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Are builders still planting Bradford Pears? Have they not got enough backlash from homeowners that have watched theirs split and drop half the tree after a modest thunderstorm?

Tree.jpg

Ask me how I know...

Happen to you yesterday afternoon?

Ours did... Two largish branches split off. Probably approaching 1/3rd the total of the tree.

I'm fortunate that an INGO mod came over with his chainsaw and helped cut it up. But my wife did a bang-up job with the handsaw.

I think the rest of it will be coming down in sections as the summer goes on. We've been waiting on this to happen - and it finally did!

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    If you are interested in further tree identification, there is a book titled 101 Trees of Indiana. I forget the authors names, but easy to remember.

Top Bottom