• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    While looking into those on the Indiana ballot I ran across Trent Van Haaften

Trent Van Haaften for Congress

He seems to be more of a Conservative when it comes to the issues.

Also, he was one of the co-authors on HB 1065 "Parking lot bill"

Not saying I plan on voting for him because I just don't trust anyone with a 'D" behind their name anymore

_OZ_

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    In Search of the Holy Grail
    Every D ad on TV now seems to say they are really in the wrong party! And they are really want you to think they are R's,,, well thats how it seems to me!
    The trash talk ones I am used to, but every gun toting,tax cutting,job maker, etc etc seems to be Dem's!
    No one will run on what they did..... All I want is to put term limits on EVERY politcal office.. and no free retirement or health care when they are done....
    should not be a problem :) ehhehehehhe

Ski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Indy
    I'm sure Van Haaften is a decent enough law maker, at the state level. Once he gets to Washington he'll do as the party leaders say or he won't get national party reelection funds, or get on any powerful committees. Basically his career would be over before it starts. He was a few years behind me in high school (I didn't know him) and I've never heard anything negative about him, but he must be defeated like every other democrat, to stop the rapid destruction of this country.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Every (D) in Washington counts towards someone like Nancy Pelosi holding the Speaker's chair, or Harry Reid as Senate Majority Leader, and a bunch of committees in irresponsible hands.

That's why I'll never vote for anyone with a (D) after his or her name.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    A few years ago, Rep. Bill Crawford introduced a bill to microstamp ammunition. There was a letter writing campaign and phone campaign started by the 2nd Amendment Patriots and the committee to which that bill was assigned was chaired by Rep. Van Haaften. I was one of the people who wrote to him and I received back an email from Mr. Van Haaften himself (based on the time of day or day of week, I forget which, but I remember it was outside of normal business hours when a staffer would have answered his email for him) He addressed me by name and assured me that that bill would not receive a hearing in his committee and in fact it did not.

I consider him to be a pro-gun-rights Democrat and a man of his word. Please note that this is an exceptionally rare statement from me regarding any politician and more especially so any Democrat.

Blessings,
    Bill

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    A few years ago, Rep. Bill Crawford introduced a bill to microstamp ammunition. There was a letter writing campaign and phone campaign started by the 2nd Amendment Patriots and the committee to which that bill was assigned was chaired by Rep. Van Haaften. I was one of the people who wrote to him and I received back an email from Mr. Van Haaften himself (based on the time of day or day of week, I forget which, but I remember it was outside of normal business hours when a staffer would have answered his email for him) He addressed me by name and assured me that that bill would not receive a hearing in his committee and in fact it did not.

I consider him to be a pro-gun-rights Democrat and a man of his word. Please note that this is an exceptionally rare statement from me regarding any politician and more especially so any Democrat.

Blessings,
    Bill

Since, I haven't voted yet, I'm up in the air about Van Haaften. Since I was betrayed by Ellsworth who quickly was co opted by the Obama/Pelosi Progressive Machine, I'm worried that Van Haaften will follow suit. Bucshon is an unknown but I've seen troubling signs from him in his refusal to speak out on the issues and his failure to Debate the issues on several occasions. I've got another hour or so until I pull the lever :dunno:

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Well I didnt vote for him simply cause of Ellsworth. But I have a feeling he will win anyway. I hope he sticks with his beliefs if he does win and doesnt sell out the voters like brad did.

Ski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Indy
    Since, I haven't voted yet, I'm up in the air about Van Haaften. Since I was betrayed by Ellsworth who quickly was co opted by the Obama/Pelosi Progressive Machine, I'm worried that Van Haaften will follow suit. Bucshon is an unknown but I've seen troubling signs from him in his refusal to speak out on the issues and his failure to Debate the issues on several occasions. I've got another hour or so until I pull the lever :dunno:
    I can't believe anyone could be up in the air about this. See jbombelli's post above. Any vote for a democrat is a vote to keep Pelosi and her ilk in power. Democrats "move to the center" before every election and people (not you specifically) are fooled every time. Unbelievable.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I can't believe anyone could be up in the air about this. See jbombelli's post above. Any vote for a democrat is a vote to keep Pelosi and her ilk in power. Democrats "move to the center" before every election and people (not you specifically) are fooled every time. Unbelievable.

Too Many with an R beside their names that are Progressive RINO's (Libs in a Progressive Wrapper) The Dem in this case has a positive Pro 2nd Amendment Vote history. Bucshon will Never garner my vote.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

You have a right to your opinion. Mr. Van Haaften did what I described above in January of 2008. Granted, there was an election in November of that year, but his actions were in line with his voting record as well. I do agree with you that more Ds in the Congress means it's more likely we keep Reid and Pelosi, presuming they are reelected-let's not forget that the last time we had a Democrat president and a Democrat Speaker of the House was the first time in American history that a sitting Speaker was not reelected.

Blessings,
    Bill

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    23% OF PRECINCTS REPORTING
    >Larry D. Bucshon ((R))24,094 54%
    W. Trent VanHaaften ((D))18,155 41%
    John Cunningham ((L))2,436 5%

Top Bottom