Trespassers - Thanks for the decoy and calls!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Yeah, Brad owns a small business. I heard those guys don't work hard for what they have. And they're all rich, too. I still don't see how an honest question about the disposition of property left behind by trespassers warrants such a personal attack.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Brad works hard...doesn't like criminals. 17 squirrel works hard...doesn't like criminals. I think we're all on the same page here

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Yeah, Brad owns a small business. I heard those guys don't work hard for what they have. And they're all rich, too. I still don't see how an honest question about the disposition of property left behind by trespassers warrants such a personal attack.[/QUOT

a

Last edited by a moderator:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Brad works hard...doesn't like criminals. 17 squirrel works hard...doesn't like criminals. I think we're all on the same page here

Yep. There's no reason this discussion shouldn't have been about the topic and not a person. I've got no skin in this game, but Brad's a good dude and didn't deserve that. I'm sure 17 squirrel is as well. Everybody gets carried away from time to time.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    So someone trespassing (breaking the law) gives you the right to confiscate/take (steal) their stuff?.......... I didn't know it worked that way. :dunno:

Had Brad left out one word, the tone of his post would have changed to some of us reading it. It insinuated someone was a thief and we have now established that no one likes a thief.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Had Brad left out one word, the tone of his post would have changed to some of us reading it. It insinuated someone was a thief and we have now established that no one likes a thief.

*shrug* this is pretty much how I read it. Looked to me like deliberate bait and some judgement thrown in. The subsequent post and oh so innocent act didn't help. I have nothing against Brad; bought several knives from him over the years, will probably do so in the future, but his original post didn't contribute anything that I could see, nor did his followup, unless his goal was to do some fishing. Of course, I've been accused of not contributing much either, so this post probably helps cement that.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    *shrug* this is pretty much how I read it. Looked to me like deliberate bait and some judgement thrown in. The subsequent post and oh so innocent act didn't help. I have nothing against Brad; bought several knives from him over the years, will probably do so in the future, but his original post didn't contribute anything that I could see, nor did his followup, unless his goal was to do some fishing. Of course, I've been accused of not contributing much either, so this post probably helps cement that.
    This. Don't use the word "steal" to describe the OP's actions and no one is upset.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Seems like we all get a bit tender and easily offended these days.
    Some folks will see what the OP did as stealing. Others will not.
    I am of the finders keepers mind set but it was not his property and maybe he should ask the owner what to do with the gear.
    Having been in the same situation before being allowed on property to enjoy it we always gave the owner anything we found that was not supposed to be there.

We can all remain civil in our posts. It is not really that hard to get our opinions across with out getting to butt-hurt.
    If not there is a really good PM option.

Top Bottom