• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Given the situation, the admission of past criminal transgressions, and the fact that he has been snooping around the property, what would you do exactly? Response time is FAR longer than it would take for them to get the hell out of dodge.

To be honest, I don't know what I would do.

What I wouldn't do, however, is assault & battery. Nor vandalism. Nor destruction of property.

-J-

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    All it would take is a phone call to 911 asking for help on a fire. Maybe a little phone call like this:

"Help, there's a fire on my property and it looks like someones car. I think I see the guy running around his vehicle and I think he has a gun, please send everyone."

Ideally this would all be handled out of court, but if you have to get people involved, may as well have everyone over.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Shouldn't that be "trespasser" hunter, as in hunter of trespassers. First reading led me to believe he hunts by trespassing on others' land. :):

You can let the air out without property damage. Kind of brilliant too.

Fixed.

What is the legality of this? I mean if I put some 6 shot through his tires after he has parked and walked away from it?

According to the signs which are posted which have a big "No Trespassing" are clearly marked that the land owner is not responsible for damage, theft, or loss of unauthorized vehicles, persons, or property found or left on his property. Unauthorized vehicles and/or property will be towed away at the owners expense, and a whole bunch of other scary stuff. If his sign was a consent form, I wouldn't sign it.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Fixed.

According to the signs which are posted which have a big "No Trespassing" are clearly marked that the land owner is not responsible for damage, theft, or loss of unauthorized vehicles, persons, or property found or left on his property. Unauthorized vehicles and/or property will be towed away at the owners expense, and a whole bunch of other scary stuff. If his sign was a consent form, I wouldn't sign it.

But by passing by big large and threateningly worded signs you give consent do you not? The 12 gauge tripwire with flare rounds comes to mind, but I am sure that would somehow be misconstrued as a DD and I would very quickly be in bracelets.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    But by passing by big large and threateningly worded signs you give consent do you not? The 12 gauge tripwire with flare rounds comes to mind, but I am sure that would somehow be misconstrued as a DD and I would very quickly be in bracelets.

you just need to accidently drop some tire spikes on the ground in afew places on your land. keep track of them on a map that you hide away some place. or, maybe you should look into bee keeping :D or just make it look like you are. paint up some fake boxes and get some signs that say KEEP OUT killer bees, LOL

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    you just need to accidently drop some tire spikes on the ground in afew places on your land. keep track of them on a map that you hide away some place. or, maybe you should look into bee keeping :D or just make it look like you are. paint up some fake boxes and get some signs that say KEEP OUT killer bees, LOL

I have kept bees before they are a lot more of a pacifist than you might think. Too much implement in and out of the property for such nefarious things that kill tires.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I have kept bees before they are a lot more of a pacifist than you might think. Too much implement in and out of the property for such nefarious things that kill tires.

then I would just cut the tires. as long as you have several visible signs posted you know they have seen it. are they gonna call the law on you when they are clearly trespassing and face their own charges? i would only cut one tire, so they can limp away. it will be an expensive warning on a truck. or get you a big german shepherd like I have that will kill anything you tell it to.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    then I would just cut the tires. as long as you have several visible signs posted you know they have seen it. are they gonna call the law on you when they are clearly trespassing and face their own charges? i would only cut one tire, so they can limp away. it will be an expensive warning on a truck. or get you a big german shepherd like I have that will kill anything you tell it to.

like 18 million steps ahead of you
    Cash%20&%20Mox.jpg

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    like 18 million steps ahead of you
    Cash%20&%20Mox.jpg

I didn't want to bring up the dogs but since YOU did :D, they need spiked collars (even if they only wear them out there at the property) and you need to fasten BIG heavy chains to trees or posts or something. Put a dog house right by it, a dented up water dish and a couple old BIG bones.... congrat's, you have "evil" pit bulls.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I didn't want to bring up the dogs but since YOU did :D, they need spiked collars (even if they only wear them out there at the property) and you need to fasten BIG heavy chains to trees or posts or something. Put a dog house right by it, a dented up water dish and a couple old BIG bones.... congrat's, you have "evil" pit bulls.

I have given up on collars unless I can find good harnesses. The last one she had the puppies took off of her. So right now I am looking for two good harnesses.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I have given up on collars unless I can find good harnesses. The last one she had the puppies took off of her. So right now I am looking for two good harnesses.

They only would have to wear them out there. Where potential trespasser's could see them. I use a chain collar on my dog (shhhh) to make her look meaner :D

Top Bottom