• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joejenders

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I went to this show today. It is great show especially for parts, which is why I went. I saw 2 guns which I would have liked to buy today. Unfortunately, since I was an Indiana alien in Ohio, I was not allowed by federal law to buy these guns immediately at a fair price. The law forces me to pay an ffl to ship and an ffl to recive plus the Fedex or UPS inflated rates to ship.

At least I bought the parts without having to pay all the extra fees. So the USA must still be the best place to live compared to everywhere else.

joejenders

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Right...These were pistols. My favorite collection is the eartly High Standard .22 Cal. Automatic pistols. I'm always watching for these to add to my collection, or trade to improve the colection. I found 2 that I liked and hated to pass up. But, it is never worth breaking the law by using an Ohio resident to make the purchase(s) for me. So being legal drives up the extra fees until the price was no longer attractive.

I also wanted to add that both pistols were manufactured back in the 30's making them fall into the Collector and Relic category.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    It really sux when the laws are slanted against the honest buyers. The sad part is Laws have never prevented criminals from obtaining weapons of any kind. A Citizen of the US should be able to legally own and purchase a gun from one coast to the other. Slowly we are carving away our rights. We are losing the true purpose of our fore fathers when this country was conceived.

Last edited:

joejenders

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This show will be held again in 2013: January 5/6; February 2/3; March 2/3; April 6/7; May 4/5

Lima.b Ohio is a quick trip down highway 30 East out of Fort Wayne. The Fairgrounds are on the east side of town about 2 block east of I-75 on Highway 309.

Top Bottom