• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Trick or Treat Spring Mill State Park

Tonight is Haunted Campground campsite decorating contest. People from all around come to the Spring Mill campground and camped all week last week preparing and decorating for the contest tonight and to welcome trick or treaters! It's one of the biggest events at the park. Bring your kids and strollers and trick or treat the whole park camp ground. Be prepared to walk around a lot to see everything and fill thoses kids candy bags!

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Haunted Village is next Saturday night but ya don't get to trick or treat them. Wear your rubber britches. You'll be "messing" them.

This campground thing tonight is all volunteers just because it's fun, every one has a blast. The campers/entertainers, the kids, visitors, if you can't enjoy tonight at the park campground you belong in a grave. And then jump up and scare somebody. These people come here in whole crews and choreograph entire skits on some campsites with music, lights, every decoration you've ever seen sold any where and any thing else they can imagine and build.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    They start judging the camp sites at 7PM. I'm not sure if there is a specific time to start trick or treating. I've walked throught the area before when it was still full day light and watched how they practice skits and set up the affects and then by the time it was just getting dark the camp ground parking lot was full, cars lined the road leading to the camp ground, the swimming pool parking lot was full and cars were still lined up coming in to the park and campground end of the park. People were literally streaming out of their cars putting kids in costumes and strollers and heading to the camp ground for the huge show/party and everything I saw was family friendly. Like Halloween in Mayfield with the Cleavers if it was done today. I haven't been there today though but the camp ground is fully booked with people planning specificly to participate in this event.

You don't just walk the campground and see everything in 15 minutes. It's like walking about a small town really so it's got to go 7 to 9 (LOL) at least just to see all the sites between sun down and when it's over. They've done is several years now so they know how to handle big crowds for the event and keep it fun for every one.

Some of those guys just go nutz with the amounts of candy they buy just to give out to trick or treaters there.

Top Bottom