• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Okay so I just bought a new G27 and I cannot for the life of me get the last round to load in the mag, is there a trick to it? And how the heck does this freaking mag loader work?

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I've never used the included Glock mag loader because I've never had a problem loading any of my 9mm mags. I've heard that the .40 spring can be really stiff when new and will lighten up a little over time.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    That is true the mag will lighten up over time. It is the compression and decompression working the spring that wears it, just leaving a mag loaded does nothing.

You can always buy a Universal Hand Gun/HandGun Mag loader, those of us with arthritis sometimes resort to these devices. They can come in very handy. You can get them just about anyplace on the net. Here is a link to amazon.

Amazon.com: uplula

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    I've never used the included Glock mag loader because I've never had a problem loading any of my 9mm mags. I've heard that the .40 spring can be really stiff when new and will lighten up a little over time.

Yeah my G19 mags were no trouble either. I figured they will loosen up over time, just thought I'd ask to see if this was normal with them.

That is true the mag will lighten up over time. It is the compression and decompression working the spring that wears it, just leaving a mag loaded does nothing.

You can always buy a Universal Hand Gun/HandGun Mag loader, those of us with arthritis sometimes resort to these devices. They can come in very handy. You can get them just about anyplace on the net. Here is a link to amazon.

Amazon.com: uplula

I though I had heard that the Uplula wouldn't work with Glock mags? It's no biggie just really checking to see if it was normal with the new mags. My G19 I purchased used so this was my first experience with the .40 mags and new mags also. Thanks for the info.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I had a 33 round after market Glock mag that I couldn't get to take more than 18 rounds. I tore it apart to investigate and found that the steel sleeve inside the mag was two-pieced. It looked like they took the insert for an 18 round mag and just added another on top and welded them together. There was an ever so small burr at the weld seam that was catching the follower at exactly 18 rounds every time.
    Ten minutes with a jewelers file and everything now works as advertised.
    33 rounds now means 33 rounds, not 18!

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Normal. I have 4 mags. G23 here and all I can say is that it will get easier. once you find a consistent way to load that works easiest for you, just shoot at the range and it will get easier. The spring just needs to lighten up, I had the same problem with mine at first.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Okay thanks for the feedback. I figured the springs just needed "breaking in". It almost fits the last round but just shy of it. Hopefully I can make it out to the range to shoot it for the first time soon. I don't know how anybody can buy a gun and never shoot it, I'm ready the second I walk out the door with a new one.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    I find it helps if you load the rounds in at an angle, consistent with where the cut out is on the side of the mag. I grab the mag with my left hand, push the rounds down as best I can, then angle in the last round in with a good bit of force from my right thumb. never used the loader it came with, didn't see a use for it and it was kind of awkward to me. Really just have to try different things until you find the one that is comfortable for you and consistent. I struggled a bit before i found the right combination of thumbing and cartridge angle for me.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby

Jeremy said it here^^^
    THe .40 especially is tough with the subcompact mags. THe 9mm mags for the G26 seem a little easier to get to full capacity. It should ease up a bit over time

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    This last round is a pain....... The spring will break in after a while. I have no problems with mine, but when new it took a little muscle for the last round.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I have a couple of dozen mags for my various Glocks.
    All of them resisted the last round until I'd put them through a couple of firing cycles each at the range.
    After that they load just fine. :)

EvilleT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Evansville
    I feel your pain. I had to buy standard capacity magazines for my 17 when I shot IDPA. Its so much easier to put 10 rounds in an 18 riound magazine than a 10. That last round is a B!?@h.

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    Really this is just one of the trials of a first time Glock owner that one must figure out on their own. We all have done it. It's all part of the fun. Now it's your turn. Congrats on your new acquisition and good luck on your future Glock conquests.

Last edited:

waltherppk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    M mags for my 30sf were same way first few times. Now no prob getting last rounds in. Load and unload several tomes and they'll loosen up. +1 for the up lulu loader. It is great.

Top Bottom