• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoosierGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2011
    Bloomington
    So I bought a near-mint Kel-Tec P-11 the other day. Not being one to sit very long on something that is stock, I'm interested to know what some other P11 owners have done to their 9mm.

I bought the extended finger rest/grip for the mag, and that's it so far.

Thanks in advance guys!

- Bill

:ingo:

lVl_G_D

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2009
    I hope you like yours but I got rid of mine before I had the chance to sink any money into it. It shot like crap, it was not enjoyable at all to break it in. If you are going to carry only, break it in then never shoot it again...if you bought it to shoot for enjoyment, you may be dissappointed.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    When I owned one, I had the slide refinished, [Kel-Tec blueing sucks and wears off very easily], added night sights, grip sleave, finger extension on one of the mags and purchased a factory 12rd mag. I also purchased a P40 hard chrome slide for it [very rare] and sold it at a substantial profit before I even tried it.

P-Shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    In case you haven't found it yet: KTOG.Org - Kel-Tec Owners Group

I've also added the finger rest on 2 mags, the Hogue handall, a clip from clipdraw, and the DIY eraser trigger stop. My bony hands can't take much more than 50 rounds at the range, but the trigger stop and handall did help. Here's a pic.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I never had any problems with shooting mine. I did the eraser mod for the trigger overtravel (I even used an eraser off a GLOCK pencil so it would be black). Polish the barrel hood and feedramp, tear it down and polish the trigger bar and stuff to smooth out the trigger pull. A trigger shoe might help the trigger feel smoother too. After that texture the grip and sand down the lines to make the seems where the plastic was molded together smooth. You could do Big dot night sights, but you would have to have the front of the slide cut for a dovetail front sight.

Also if you need any help on any of it (aside from the dovetail cut) hit me up. I am in Bloomington too.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You may try to shoot the stock gun a few times first to see how you like it.
    If you dont like it stock no need to spend extra money on it.

Top Bottom