• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USPc40

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Madison County
    Went to Wilbur Wright today with my wife, son, and daughter in law for some fun. While there putting some rounds thru the dil's new lightweight s&w .38, some other folks showed up at the bench next to ours. One of the guys had a sub compact and I couldn't tell what kind it was, so I went over to shoot the breeze and find out what he had. It was a Springfield XD40 sub compact and he was kind enough to let me try it out.

I have handled a few of the sub compacts at the 1500 but I always felt having my pinkie hanging off the grip would feel odd, or the gun would move in my hand while firing. I put several rounds thru it with a flush mag and an extended mag, and I really liked the way it handled. It seemed to me to be more comfortable with the flush mag, didn't move in my hand at all, and was pretty fun to shoot even in .40 cal.. I've been thinking about a sub compact for summer carry, so next spring I might have to start looking for one.:)

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I love my G27. At first I was considerably more accurate with the pinkie grip on it. Now I am just as accurate if not more so with the flush plate on it.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    .......I have handled a few of the sub compacts at the 1500 but I always felt having my pinkie hanging off the grip would feel odd, or the gun would move in my hand while firing. I put several rounds thru it with a flush mag and an extended mag, and I really liked the way it handled. It seemed to me to be more comfortable with the flush mag, didn't move in my hand at all, and was pretty fun to shoot even in .40 cal.. I've been thinking about a sub compact for summer carry, so next spring I might have to start looking for one.:)
    The short grip on my XDsc not only isn't a problem, but my accuracy doesn't improve any with the extended magazine. I practice with both, but instinctively reach for the standard length magazine. This is my EDC. I bought it before any "gun authority" could tell me how much of a problem the short grip.(standard magazine) should be. Seems like a good argument for making up our own minds? :n00b:

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    A HK P2000sk is a nice smaller frame if you're looking for something smaller than the USPc. I have both for their smaller frame sizes. The USPc is "normal" carry, the sk is for those situations where less printing might be a requirement.

Even if the P2000sk is in 40SW you can shoot it all day without complaint. Plus a bonus... the magazines for the USPc fit the sk, if you use one of the X-grip extenders. Those are a bit of PITA when swapping magazines, but it's one way to standardize on magazines between two frame sizes.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    The short grip on my XDsc not only isn't a problem, but my accuracy doesn't improve any with the extended magazine. I practice with both, but instinctively reach for the standard length magazine. This is my EDC. I bought it before any "gun authority" could tell me how much of a problem the short grip.(standard magazine) should be. Seems like a good argument for making up our own minds? :n00b:

This is a surprising and similiar find that I had with my Kahr PM9. Not having the extended mag to support the pinkie does feel different handling the gun but once you get to the range and shoot it it really isn't that noticeable. I, also, don't find a difference in accuracy with the short or longer mag.

Top Bottom