• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 8, 2013
    Fortville
    You can try M&J Firearms in Fortville. Not too far from that area. You might end up making a bit of a drive. I live uo in that area and there's not a whole lot of options on accessories for pistols. Seems like the good places are South and Southwest.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I don't know if M&J in Fortville has or can get/install those sights, but the 2-3 times I've been able to stop in there, the guy working (owner, I believe) has been quite nice/personable.

I HAVE purchased stuff at USDS, but that's quite a haul from your location. If I were to head to USDS from your location, I'd "make a day of it" and hit up several other greater-southside shops, too.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I don't know if M&J in Fortville has or can get/install those sights, but the 2-3 times I've been able to stop in there, the guy working (owner, I believe) has been quite nice/personable.

I HAVE purchased stuff at USDS, but that's quite a haul from your location. If I were to head to USDS from your location, I'd "make a day of it" and hit up several other greater-southside shops, too.

^^^ This ^^^

Head down to USDS on Saturday and pick up the sights, then you can also hit Beech Grove Firearms and Indy Trading Post on the way back up north.

They are all relatively close to each other.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    Where can I pick up a set of Trijicon HD sights for a Glock 17 and have them installed? Preferably in the NE Indy/Fishers area.

See if you can buy the front sight only and then just do it yourself in about 5 minutes. I don't like the confusion of three dots on my defense pistols, so I prefer the rear sight not have have tritium in it anyway. I have Trijicon HD sights on three pistols now and prefer the ones that I only used the front. You might think that the front sight will appear dramatically different than the rear dots in the dark, but unless you hit the front with a light, it looks pretty much the same. In the daytime it's great, but the colored portion of the front sight, yellow or orange, is a luminous type material that requires light to glow. Great sights, just some info for you if you didn't know.

EDITED (TWICE): You can find the front sight only on Optics planet for $67.99 and the tool on amazon for around $8. All you need past that is some blue Loctite and you should be set for significant savings.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Not on the north side, but call first to make sure they have them in stock, then head to Bradis (first hand experience Mark did a great job installing my HD's).

I have heard great things about USDS as well and I'm sure they would do a great job as well.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    See if you can buy the front sight only and then just do it yourself in about 5 minutes. I don't like the confusion of three dots on my defense pistols, so I prefer the rear sight not have have tritium in it anyway. I have Trijicon HD sights on three pistols now and prefer the ones that I only used the front. You might think that the front sight will appear dramatically different than the rear dots in the dark, but unless you hit the front with a light, it looks pretty much the same. In the daytime it's great, but the colored portion of the front sight, yellow or orange, is a luminous type material that requires light to glow. Great sights, just some info for you if you didn't know.

EDITED (TWICE): You can find the front sight only on Optics planet for $67.99 and the tool on amazon for around $8. All you need past that is some blue Loctite and you should be set for significant savings.

The beauty in the Trijicon HD's is that during the day, since there is no white ring around the rear tritium vials, you don't even see the 3 dots. It appears like a black rear sight. The front in orange or yellow really pops during the day.

At night, the rear tritium dots become visible, and the front orange or yellow isn't seen, but the front tritium vial can be seen.

If you want to go with a rear blacked out sight with no tritium vials, but with a front night sight, I'd check out the Ameriglo Hackathorn nightsights.

Top Bottom