Trijicon SRS02, or Aimpoint T-1/T-2/H-1?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Juday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    So the time has come to equip the LMT with a RDS of some type. Having never owned, or held either the SRS, or the Aimpoints, I'm torn on which way to go. I've had EOTech's in the past, but I'm looking to go another direction. It's not that I didn't like the EOTech, it's that I want to know what else is out there. That being said, I'm looking for advise from those who have actually held and seen both. Why did you like brand x over brand y? As far as battery life, that's not a big concern of mine. Whether it lasts 3.5 years, or 5 years, that's still a helluva long time. As far as price, let's say I can theoretically get them for around the same price. Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!

Juday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    What's the reasoning behind that statement? I'm not being an ass, but I just want to educate myself.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    To me reddots should be smaller than the SRS.

With the battery life of the Aimpoint I would not care about "solar powering"

The SRS I had just did not impress me what so ever. It was big, and cumbersome, the dot was not as crisp as a Aimpoint's, the Aimpoint has a better durability reputation (although I've never personally abused either so that could easily be a mute point), and the Aimpoint is typically cheaper.

Juday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Yeah, I did notice the weight difference of the two is quite significant. How easy is it to pick up the dot on the Aimpoint vs. the SRS?

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have both and like both. The FOV on the srs smashes the aimpoint, the weight on the aimpoint is less than the srs, both are extremely well built optics. I did not notice any issues with the dot clarity on the srs as was stated by 42769vette when compared to the aimpoint. As far as price range goes; brand new yes there is a few hundred dollar difference, but I rarely buy new. I purchased my srs02 shipped to my house for $625, whereas my T1 4moa cost me $550 and I had to drive a considerable distance halfway to meet the seller.

Juday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    So, if you could ultimately only own one of them, which would you chose and why?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    If I were to buy an optic right now, I'd buy a T1. I want one for my next rifle build.

Juday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Are there any shops around the Northside of Indy that carry either one of these in stock?

mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    The gun club carries a variety of optics if you did not already know. Saw Trijicon products when I was in there today...

Mark

Top Bottom