• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Last week on vacation I made a trip to SMKW. I ended up with a Buck 104 Compadre, a Spyderco Byrd Meadowlark 2, Condor Terrasaur in orange (on sale for $27!), some generic trauma shears, and a sharpening stone. I looked at the smaller Bark River knives, but the handles were too short for my hand. I also looked at some Toor knives, which are crazy nice and expensive. Another successful (and expensive) trip.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    That place is a candy land for men. My only “complaint” was seeing so much cheap Chinese stuff. But...it was still something sharp to look at.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I must’ve just missed you! LOL. Junior and I stopped in there last Sunday. I missed the Terrasaur on sale, I definitely would have bought one of those. I’m sad to say that I got my hands on a couple things that I thought about buying (Condor Primitive and couple junker Schrades and SOGs) and decided against them. Unfortunately I walked out with just a flashlight cone for directing traffic. I was pretty much looking for a diamond in the rough bushcrafter but I didn’t really find anything I could spend the money on.

It was a really awesome store and would definitely be dangerous if it was closer!

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Any time I am within 50 miles of that place, I have to fight off the urge (or I should I say obsession) to go and send at least 2 hours there. It is a VERY dangerous place for anyone with a charge card and no willpower.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    That place is a candy land for men. My only “complaint” was seeing so much cheap Chinese stuff. But...it was still something sharp to look at.
    Have you seen their catalogue?

The cheap Chinese stuff makes up like 75% of the thing. It's absolute garbage - along with the overwhelming majority of those knives.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Last time I was there, my wife told me "just 1 knife"......how the heck is that possible? I bought a sharpening stone.....

Top Bottom