• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Me an my GF were at a local shop the other day while I was picking up a stripped lower for my ar build. After that she wanted to look at the handguns (of course I said sure), we went to the counter an looking around at a few of them them. Fella behind the counter asked if we needed any help, my GF responded no thanks just looking. He said ok and asked if she was in the market for a new pistol. She said yea id like to have one. The guy reponded we have a nice Taurus TCP in pink here, alot of our lady customers seem to like them very well. She said "no but I would like to see that springfield 1911 down on the bottom":rockwoot: the guy behind the counter just kind of looked at her for a second then turned to me an said you are one lucky guy, I said cant argue with that.;)

Fireburnzero1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    I've been on a wait list for a Kimber Solo Carry for months. I've never even seen one and was starting to believe they were an urban legend.....until this afternoon. I got a call that IN Gun Club got one in and my name was next. I went to check it out and there was no pressure to buy it as they have a large list......I bought it anyway.

Now I'm not sure what to do. I know that the majority of you will say "Keep Both", but I'm really not sure that is an option.

I think what I'll do is take the Kahr to the range and test it out. If it fells good and shoots well, I'll probably keep that and sell the Solo. If I'm not sure, than I'll put some rounds down range with the Solo.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    lol Last time I went to the gun store with my girlfriend she pointed to a gun and said "This one is pretty".It was not even a pink gun. :)

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Lucky guy is right. Most girls I know flinch at the mention of a gun. Well there is this one girl...........

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    lol Last time I went to the gun store with my girlfriend she pointed to a gun and said "This one is pretty".It was not even a pink gun. :)

If I bought her a pink gun she would probably shoot me with it. I came home today and there was a brand new Taurus TCP .380 sitting there waiting on me:rockwoot:. She said it was an early B-day gift, I guess she is a keeper:D

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If I bought her a pink gun she would probably shoot me with it. I came home today and there was a brand new Taurus TCP .380 sitting there waiting on me:rockwoot:. She said it was an early B-day gift, I guess she is a keeper:D

You lucky bastard! :xmad:

I didn't get any gun for my birthday. :(

I would have been happy with a pretty pink gun for my birthday. :D

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    You lucky bastard! :xmad:

I didn't get any gun for my birthday. :(

I would have been happy with a pretty pink gun for my birthday. :D

Uh-ooohhh... I got a gun for my birthday...now I think it was a hint.
    This might get expensive! :-D (somehow I always end up on the winning end! YES!!!)
    Sounds like I might drop the cash on a pink gun after all, and get it engraved..."darkkevin"!
    LMAO!!!

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Speaking of birthdays and guns... Mine is next month.. I will definitely be accepting contributions in ammor or financial aid for NFA items... Just throwing that out there...

Last girl I took to a gun store ended up leaving with a .357mag snub. She carries .38s in it, but figures in a self defense situation, it will help prove the point that she wasn't "out" to kill anyone. But I know my sister will put them center mass. OP, sounds like a keeper. Better not lose her.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    took mine in to get her either a sig mosquito or a p22. she wanted a revolver and picked out a charter arms pathfinder .22mag. if you ever get the chance to pick one of those up cheap...pass. The extractor was slightly crooked causing the cases to expand and pretty much seize into the cylinder. had to hit the extractor rod with a hammer, and ended up trading it for a p22 before we even left the store.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I love the little taurus, Throw it in my pocket an go. This winter Ill go back to carrying my .40. But the taurus is perfect for concelability. An pretty accurate compaired to the other pocket pistols Ive shot, real nice trigger on it.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    My wife has decided that my CZ SP-01 is now her gun. That leaves me with the Beretta PX4 and my summer carry Kel-Tec PF9. Maybe then I should just get another SP-01? Maybe I'll carry her Beretta instead. She likes making my life complicated.

Oh yeah, and my dad and brother asked me if she was a good shot. I just said "I wouldn't want her shooting at me!":draw:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Yea a few of my guns have some how became "her guns",lol. But its cool Im just glad she likes to shoot. My GF is a real nice shot, her dad taught her how to shoot (Vietnam vet).

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Yea a few of my guns have some how became "her guns",lol. But its cool Im just glad she likes to shoot. My GF is a real nice shot, her dad taught her how to shoot (Vietnam vet).

Same here, she has her own(and a nice one at that) but she likes a few of mine as well, her dad is also a Vietnan vet. And he can still shoot like a pro. :yesway:

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    Damn.my girlfriend hates guns. She would go shooting with me but she is scared of guns. But i will be working on that. I suppose none you folks have that issue?

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    There are plenty that do. I just lucked out with my GF liking them. Word of advice for ya though. Dont try an overwhelm her with the issue, you have to let her warm up to the idea:yesway:.

Top Bottom