• ...and so much more!
  • clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Never done that but almost did a couple times. I could see how it could happen. I am sure he is very embarrassed and upset over it. I know I would be.

Hopefully it comes out well for him and he will never forget again. I know I would be paranoid whenever I used a public restroom again...LOL

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Yes **** happens, they used to make a pin and t-shirts like that with a smiley face.

I have had to unstrap before but never forgot to re-strap.

Last edited:

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Wow I would be feeling pretty low right about now if I were him. Oh well hopefully he learned his lesson. Also I think he should be counting his blessings that it was recovered by an employee who turned it in, and not found by some kid, crack head, or a drug dealer.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Once long long ago I put my off duty gun on top of my car and forgot it was up there until I got a couple of miles down the road, talk about panic hitting when I remembered it. Luckily it had gotten stuck under my light bar. It happens.
    It can happen to anyone that carries a gun.

IBTL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Lafayette
    This stuff happens all the time to LEO's. I'm sorry to hear about it in the news. Any time this happens, the media sensationalizes it. The guy made a dumb mistake. We ALL make mistakes and it's very frustrating. Don't knock this guy too much, cause it could happen to you.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    I left mine in a night stand in a Hotel once. It was embarrasing to say the least to have to go back and ask for it.
    I dont know how you can carry for 25 years and not have an issue at some point. Right or wrong.
    Like someone already said, sh*t happens. People make mistakes. I do.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Sure is a burden you carry there, never having made a mistake that you needed a second chance.

never left my M4 is hajji's cave the whole time i was overseas. sorry, in that job theres some mistakes you dont make. ESPECIALY ones involving a loaded gun. what if it was at his kids school in the bathroom while he was there for a play?

when you carry a weapon you are forced to put safety checks in place to make sure you DO NOT make even one mistake, period. there are some areas where: "sh*t happens" or "everyone deserves a second chance" DONT APPLY! but thats just me.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    INSTANT FIRE. but hes a state boy (one of the golden) he will be protected by his department. in my opinion

Wel if I took your stance the I guess I should start requesting the state to revoke the LTCH's of all those that aren't cops that leave their guns places. It happens a lot more than with the cops, you just don't hear about it because it's not a cop doing it.

Was it stupid??? Yep, he should have known better. Should he get discipline for it.........probably, I know I would expect it if it was me. Should he be fired for it??? Nope, not unless there is a pattern or prior incidents or more incidents of this in the future.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Wel if I took your stance the I guess I should start requesting the state to revoke the LTCH's of all those that aren't cops that leave their guns places. It happens a lot more than with the cops, you just don't hear about it because it's not a cop doing it.

yep i agree. fine the citizen BIG TIME. but a citizen carrying a gun is a right not a job. (and dont give me crap about its a allowed priveledge under indiana law) Its a right under the U.S. Constitution and we shouldnt even need permits in the first place. just like if he gets fired he can apply somewhere else. its not a death sentence but obviously his sense of awareness is not high enough to be a cop.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Oops! lol

I've been pretty freaked out about losing my keys...Imagine the "OH ****!" feeling you would have once you realized you lost your gun somewhere!

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    yep i agree. fine the citizen BIG TIME. but a citizen carrying a gun is a right not a job. (and dont give me crap about its a allowed priveledge under indiana law) Its a right under the U.S. Constitution and we shouldnt even need permits in the first place. just like if he gets fired he can apply somewhere else. its not a death sentence but obviously his sense of awareness is not high enough to be a cop.

:bowdown:

Top Bottom