• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    I wonder if the 2nd police car was his white car in front of the SUV?
    I have no idea why they would take him to Brownsburg, if they are talking about the new Hospital at 74 and Ronald Reagan, it's small.
    That's if it was true.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I have witnessed an officer giving conflicting commands to a person. "Put your hands on the trunk." "Pull up your pants." It went back and forth between the two different commands a number of times. The person was trying to comply but pissing the officer off more and more because he could not do both at the same time. Not a serious situation as no gun was involved and I was able to calm the situation down by taking over the pat down process and give the officer a chance to step back and calm down. The whole situation was from the standpoint of "you can't make this stuff up."

I could see how conflicting commands could happen and be a disaster. I am not saying that is what happened at all, but I could see how it could happen.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have witnessed an officer giving conflicting commands to a person. "Put your hands on the trunk." "Pull up your pants." It went back and forth between the two different commands a number of times. The person was trying to comply but pissing the officer off more and more because he could not do both at the same time. Not a serious situation as no gun was involved and I was able to calm the situation down by taking over the pat down process and give the officer a chance to step back and calm down. The whole situation was from the standpoint of "you can't make this stuff up."

I could see how conflicting commands could happen and be a disaster. I am not saying that is what happened at all, but I could see how it could happen.

This has happened on some of the LEO shows on the box. Multiple commands being thrown out by people obviously amped up on natural body chemistry. Confusion reigns. 1 individual sending out confusion is just hard to imagine.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It took a year for me to go to Grand Jury and 23 months to be cleared by my department. Not sure how quick/slow it is in smaller counties.

Wow. Were you on restricted work duty for all that time?

And thank you so much for the professional insider information. :bow:
    This is invaluable to INGO. :ingo:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yes. There are billable hours to be generated here. It is in no one's best interest to get this wrapped up prematurely. :D

At least SOMEONE understands.

But seriously, folks, as a crazy, but relatable example, there are criminal law attorneys (defense and prosecution) who believe that the second biggest mistake the prosecution made in the OJ/Nicole murder case was rushing to file charges and to trial.

You don't wait to start investigating, but you don't rush to reach a conclusion either.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    That would be messed up if true and I don’t recall ever hearing about an instance of a LEO giving a command for someone to unholster their own firearm.
    Happened to me during a traffic stop in Clayton back in '04 or '05. Cop asked me to put my (then holstered) guns on the passenger floorboard and exit the vehicle.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Happened to me during a traffic stop in Clayton back in '04 or '05. Cop asked me to put my (then holstered) guns on the passenger floorboard and exit the vehicle.

Geeze, this reminds me of the time Deputy Frank Harris about shot me in Clayton. If he had been jumpy, I would have died that night.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I just can't get past the fact that Rightsell was shot in the face.
    I'm pretty sure that not one agency trains to shoot in the face.
    Every agency I can think of trains to shoot center-mass.

Can someone please offer a scenario where the "perp" would be face-shot?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Some training includes failure drills. Two shots to the body, 1 to the head.

Personally, if I'm in a close-quarters fight for my life, I'll be doing everything I can to insert an HST into the other guy's noggin. Body shots with pistols are weak sauce.

Probably not applicable to this particular situation, but those are 2 scenarios that I can think of.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

When you heal the pistol grip and shoot high. What makes you think that was intended?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

When you heal the pistol grip and shoot high. What makes you think that was intended?

Yep. a "high miss" of a body shot will do that.

Top Bottom