• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newbomb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    southwest indiana
    Trooper shot, bad guy dead in montgomery Indiana. Trooper air lifted to Evansville for a reported GSW to the arm along with a shot to his vest in the back. This occurred at Black Oak Armament I will post more when I find out.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    "Troopers say Lents exchanged gunfire with the suspect and suffered non-life-threatening injuries. State police tell 14 News the suspect was killed...Our reporter on the scene said that the injured trooper raised his arm to wave at officers who showed up to wait for his arrival."

Very glad to hear he will be OK. Sounds like a tough son of a gun.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I'll never understand the criminal who chooses to try and rob a building filled with guns and gun toting people during the middle of the day. :dunno:

:ar15:
    Admittance to the Gene Pool doesn't require any intelligence whatsoever.
    Fortunately the pool has been cleansed a little by his incident.

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    I'll never understand the criminal who chooses to try and rob a building filled with guns and gun toting people during the middle of the day. :dunno:

:ar15:

My god people are stupid. But, maybe it was a suicide attempt... luckily successful.

Hope the trooper recovers quick with no ill effects

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Glad with the outcome as long as the trooper recovers fully. Sounds like his judgement call to engage the suspect probably saved at least one persons life. Job well done trooper!

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Here's an update. The officer has already been released "to the care of his family." It doesn't get any better than that!
    UPDATE: State trooper wounded in shoot-out during gun store robbery is out of hospital » Evansville Courier & Press

Someone made a point above about it being stupid to hit a gun shop. Not always. There are a lot of small shops around and even one that I frequent that has just the owner. So not all of them have 3-5 gun-toting sales people working.

Anyway, I wish there was a way to express thanks and congratulations to the officer.

Top Bottom