• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Thats awful negligence. Glad the woman will be okay. Mistaking dogs for deer and hitting the woman walking them? Article didn't indicate if the trooper had a flask with him.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Identify your target before shooting.
    He must have wanted to kill a deer pretty bad.
    On another note......anybody walking around where their might be firearm deer hunting ought to be wearing hunter orange. Just sayin'

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    I had some hikers come bouncing through the woods while I was deer hunting one year. They were making all kinds of noise. I watched them walk past, they had no idea I was watching them. Good ole Morgan Monroe Forest.

MarlinMan68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Indiana-Michigan State Line
    Identify your target before shooting.
    He must have wanted to kill a deer pretty bad.
    On another note......anybody walking around where their might be firearm deer hunting ought to be wearing hunter orange. Just sayin'

The article stated it happened on the woman's property about 250ft from her home.I'm thinking the shooter had no permission to hunt there.I have several areas to hunt in IN and MI and have had deer cross property lines after shooting them but don't shoot deer outside my areas.Between darkness and the fact that it was the last day of the season he took a negligent shot in my opinion.I'm just glad she will recover.More than likely there will be a Civil suit in the future.

Top Bottom