• ...and so much more!
  • 1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I was fortunate enough to find an ingo gentleman getting rid of all his 12 gauge stash just before deer season. Beyond that I'd bulk bought some 12 gauge a few years ago, and I don't shoot it all that much.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    After the Obummer days, saw the rape of guns and ammo till Trump took over as POTUS. Guns pricing went lean, and ammo aplenty.

Wifey use to give me the "look" when i loaded up another 50 cal ammo box with new stock, then I let it go till I couldn't fit anymore boxes under my bed.

She decided to buy new mattress, box spring, and when she moved the older mattress, she remarked"OMG, what war are we going to?" She said"Get it in a secured lockbox, safe or whatever!" I Did.

It took over a year to see 22LR ammo return. Those cheap rounds were 25-30$, for 550, were $100. I cleaned and stored my firearms till it came back. Prices dropped, Scalpers were trying to dump their ammo stock, I refused to pay that.

Sorry to say, but it is grim out there. I have seen guns coming into LGS, prices nutso of course.
    If you want to practice, get whatever you find, be diligent to store a little for a rainy day. Maybe attend an INGO Shoot day and a couple guys may swap a few 00 buck rounds, for some current centerfire pistol rounds. Good luck.

Sorry you are behind the availability curve OP. Most outlets have basic shotgun shells in like 7.5 or ? Rabbit shot basically. Your more tactical offers are....well.....gone.
    Even 12g target loads (7.5-9, 1 ⅛ or less) is getting scarce -- Cabela's and Basspro have been out for a couple weeks, and a couple threads have popped up on the clays forums about ammo shortages. During the 2013-2015 shortage, I never didn't see 12g clay loads on the shelf.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Even 12g target loads (7.5-9, 1 ⅛ or less) is getting scarce -- Cabela's and Basspro have been out for a couple weeks, and a couple threads have popped up on the clays forums about ammo shortages. During the 2013-2015 shortage, I never didn't see 12g clay loads on the shelf.

Back in the old dark days, to my vast surprise, Meijer always had plenty of target loads in 12. The Walmart directly across the street never did. Prices on it were "normal" too.

That and deer rounds (that were/are illegal in IN for hunting deer) were always stocked up. All of the #7 shot and .270 Winchester you could carry every time I went.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I am a little surprised to see all the buckshot being bought up just like the rifle and handgun ammo. I know people are in a panic but this wasn’t expected. Has anyone had any luck finding buckshot either online or in store in central Indiana that is not completely unreasonably priced? Using it to take down some coyotes.
    How much are you looking for, and what quality/velocity? I have some that I can help you out with, but need more particulars. I don't imagine close-range coyote hunting is very quantity intensive.

Spetasal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    The Region
    I am a little surprised to see all the buckshot being bought up just like the rifle and handgun ammo. I know people are in a panic but this wasn’t expected. Has anyone had any luck finding buckshot either online or in store in central Indiana that is not completely unreasonably priced? Using it to take down some coyotes.

I’m not surprised. I was surprised that black powder pistols and pyrodex are getting hard to find now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I’m not surprised. I was surprised that black powder pistols and pyrodex are getting hard to find now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is scary. When you can't feed your 1851 Navy things are beyond out of control.

Top Bottom