• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Please explain. I've mounted mine with a spring-steel-type of washer. Would a crush washer throw off the alignment? Will my spring-steel washer throw it off???

You should use these to ensure your muzzle brake/adapter is one correctly.

https://www.griffinarmament.com/griffin-shim-set/

"Shims are necessary to provide precise perpendicular alignment of the muzzle device with the thread shoulder of the barrel. We do not recommend the use of anything other than shims for installing muzzle devices for silencer mounting applications."

To answer your question, maybe (God, I sound like Kirk Freeman). You might get away with using a crush washer, but you increase the chance of a baffle strike when you do.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I like to use a bore sight chamber laser thingys to see if the round is exiting the center if the suppressor. I've had good luck finding problems and/or eliminating problems using these. Just make sure it's a durable brand and that it's seated in the chamber properly. Take a hand full of readings until you are convinced.

I will also make sure it is coming out of the barrel on center before mounting my suppressor.... just because.

Oh ya....
    To find this data, I use a very sophisticated and technical method. Masking tape or just paper to cover the end and depress with your finger (or pencil eraser) in the bore hole a bit. With that you can see the laser through the paper/tape enough and see how close it is to the edges.

mKmdZL1.png

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Please explain. I've mounted mine with a spring-steel-type of washer. Would a crush washer throw off the alignment? Will my spring-steel washer throw it off???

Unless it is perfectly square to the bore, a baffle strike is a distinct possibility. I'm not sure what a spring steel washer is in this context? If it's keeping the muzzle device attached and indexed by compression, then it is possible for it to be unevenly affixed to the barrel.

You want to use peel washers when mounting a suppressor mount, or no washers at all using a muzzle device that doesn't require indexing. That's generally part of the warranty stipulations for suppressors.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    OP, are you actually going to answer any questions that may be conducive to helping you or just answer questions about where you were shooting and letting us know you're new to suppressors?

Lighten up Francis I don’t have all day to go through each reply so gear down big rig.

No crush washer, just the shims supplied with the muzzle break.

I’d image the round went into the 15ft berm he has behind the target.

I’ll have to try a DT mount and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Lighten up Francis I don’t have all day to go through each reply so gear down big rig.

No crush washer, just the shims supplied with the muzzle break.

I’d image the round went into the 15ft berm he has behind the target.

I’ll have to try a DT mount and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, if it was my can, I'd take the gun to a gunsmith and have them make sure the shoulder and threads are square to the bore.

Maybe in some freak way, the barrel's shoulder isn't perfectly flat?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I'd send it back to Silencerco with a description of exactly how the can was mounted and what happened. They back up their products and even repair or replace the can for any reason, even once if it is entirely your fault.

Top Bottom