• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    So I just received a set of Troy Battle Sights and I have a question. The rear sight when in the "up" position has a descent about of front to back movement. If I had to guess I'd say its about a 1/4". The front sight has hardly any movement at all. I know troy is known for their sights being tight and rigid so that's why is has me wondering if maybe I got one that has an issue. Can anyone who has these sights let me know how yours are and if you think I have an issue or if something might be wrong with mine. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    Sounds normal. Mine in the locked up position will pull back about that much.

Ok awesome, this is my first set of troys and I've always read how they are super tight and all that and when mine had movement like it does I thought I got one that was messed up lol. Thanks for the reply.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    The one I have will move a little, don't thing it's 1/4" but it is noticeable. I have a Midwest Industries rear sight on another rifle that will move more that 1/4". Nothing to worry about.

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    The one I have will move a little, don't thing it's 1/4" but it is noticeable. I have a Midwest Industries rear sight on another rifle that will move more that 1/4". Nothing to worry about.

I'm not sure if it moves a whole 1/4", I'm not sure exactly how to measure the movement but ill try to do that. But from the way it sounds so far that the movement is normal.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I have 2 sets of Troy sights(Micro set & DOA set). My micro set is solid while my other front sight does have a little wobble to it. I had the same concern as you and did a search on other AR sites(ARF.com & M4carbine.net) where this discussion took place as well. It seems to be normal, but if you did want to return the sight then Troy will make it right.

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    Well after I got home I was able to do some measuring. What I did was I got a tape measure and held it to the top of the sight, and while not moving the tape I pushed the sight back and it only moved about an 1/8", not 1/4" like I was guessing.

Top Bottom