• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    I have owned a Troy Bilt 5550 Generator for almost 7 years. Purchased one after a tornado came down nearby and figured that I would have one on hand if something were to happen to the power.
    During this time I have not done anything to maintain this generator. I will fire it up maybe three times a year, usually on the changing of seasons.
    A moment ago I just went out to fire it up since today is the beginning of winter. It is a pull start. On the second pull the generator fired up.
    I must give credit to Troy Bilt for creating one heck of a generator.

WLW

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Use Mobil 1 oil, its the good stuff. :)

That's an understatement IMO...! A good friend of mine who has been employed in the auto biz for over 20 years in car designing swears by it. He has great stories to tell about engine testing and Mobile One.

twisyblackmetal

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2010
    The new tillers I have seen do not impress me as much as the one my dad used in his tilling business in the 70's. I have no experience with the generators...I really hope that Troy Built does not/has not diluted the brand by moving towards the Harbor Freight price point....

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I have owned a Troy Bilt 5550 Generator for almost 7 years. Purchased one after a tornado came down nearby and figured that I would have one on hand if something were to happen to the power.
    During this time I have not done anything to maintain this generator. I will fire it up maybe three times a year, usually on the changing of seasons.
    A moment ago I just went out to fire it up since today is the beginning of winter. It is a pull start. On the second pull the generator fired up.
    I must give credit to Troy Bilt for creating one heck of a generator.

I've got the same one! I have never had to pull it more than two times to start it! they are great generators!:D

Top Bottom