• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Waddell6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    Indiana
    I was in Dicks Sporting Goods yesterday and noticed they started carrying these Troy Industries Guns, whats the story on these rifles?

Waddell6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    Indiana
    I was just in there tonight. Its a COMPLETE rifle made by Troy Industries, not a rail, or a stock, a full rifle. Its $1099, the department manager said that about 80% of the rifle is machined by Troy, the other parts are Stag arms, which Dicks also carries now.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Troy makes excellant products. Many top Tactical Companies use rebadged Troy Products.

Buy the real thing with the Troy Industries. Nice price.

NDhunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    North Central IN
    I was just in there tonight. Its a COMPLETE rifle made by Troy Industries, not a rail, or a stock, a full rifle. Its $1099, the department manager said that about 80% of the rifle is machined by Troy, the other parts are Stag arms, which Dicks also carries now.

What's what if you looked? BCG, FCG Stag, the rest Troy? Or Stag lower badged Troy? If it is a top-tier gun, that'd be a steal. I'm guessing with Stag in there (don't take this as a huge dis, they're great for what they are) they aren't mean to be on par with Noveske, KAC, DD, LMT, etc. The AR market always seems saturated, and someone new always comes in and seems to do well, so I don't see why Troy couldn't. They have a good headstart with their market share of accessories.

Waddell6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    Indiana
    What's what if you looked? BCG, FCG Stag, the rest Troy? Or Stag lower badged Troy? If it is a top-tier gun, that'd be a steal. I'm guessing with Stag in there (don't take this as a huge dis, they're great for what they are) they aren't mean to be on par with Noveske, KAC, DD, LMT, etc. The AR market always seems saturated, and someone new always comes in and seems to do well, so I don't see why Troy couldn't. They have a good headstart with their market share of accessories.

I cant honestly say i know enough to answer your question correctly. Will have to do more research. I know i liked it, but i like every black rifle i see.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

Is this something Dicks is putting together? I am unaware of any factory Stag rifles that use Troy components (Stag uses Samson and Diamondhead for its rail needs, and MI and ARMS for its sights), or Troy offering any complete rifles, let alone one using Stag parts.

Waddell6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    Indiana
    Is this something Dicks is putting together? I am unaware of any factory Stag rifles that use Troy components (Stag uses Samson and Diamondhead for its rail needs, and MI and ARMS for its sights), or Troy offering any complete rifles, let alone one using Stag parts.

Im not sure. I was just in the store looking at rifles and noticed the Troy rifle, I asked to see it and started asking questions. The gun dept manager stated that it used both Stag and Troy parts. All i know is by appearance( has thier name stamped in the reciever) it looks like a complete Troy rifle.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    This doesn't surprise me. Troy must have a deal worked out with Dicks, because they recently started carrying a ton of Troy gear.

Yup. I was in there recently and bought a Troy CQB stock and the 3-pack of Troy mags. Kind of expensive, but I didn't have to wait on UPS delivering it to my door. Definitely nothing wrong with Stag at all. Continental Machinery makes a ton of AR lowers that people have no idea that is on their more expensive AR. I have both Colt and Stag, and the Stag will hold on all day long with the Colt.:ingo:

Waddell6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    Indiana
    This doesn't surprise me. Troy must have a deal worked out with Dicks, because they recently started carrying a ton of Troy gear.
    I think Dicks is starting to do the same thing with Guns that they do with apparel and shoes. You know how they have say Nike Bball shoe's "only available at Dicks"? Looks like their starting to do that with firearms too. I was impressed with the gun, and im a Daniel Defense fan.

Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    Yeah i noticed that too the other day that Dick(head)s started carrying a lot of Troy branded equipment. I went in after a cheap rail for a VZ58 project and ended up with a troy rail. Wouldnt surprise me if they (Troy) partnered with a primary weapons manufacturer to make an entire rifle and use a high end sporting goods store to launch it. Thats how alot of our "Trusted" and well known companies got their launch.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    So it is a run of the mill Stag with Troy hardware, lots of companys have been doing this with Magpul, just bought a Colt with full MOE gear the other day. I am not knocking this package Dicks has as it saves some money when you buy your AR with the junk already on it. Might have to stop by Dicks to check it out

Last edited:

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    It's not Troy Industries but Troy Defense a newly formed division of Troy Industries.

This rifle is available only at Dick's

Link to Troy Defense

Troy Defense | Troy Defense 5.56 Carbine

556CarbineRiflesOnly.jpg

Troy Defense 5.56 Carbine:
    Attention to detail and manufacturing excellence are designed into every level of the Troy Defense 5.56 Carbine . From the smallest to largest component , nothing is overlooked. Only the best, most reliable components available make it into a Troy Defense Carbine.

Troy Defense 5.56 Carbine Specifications:
    -Mil-Spec forged flat top upper receiver with integrated M4 feed ramps (FDE Rifles are Ceracoated & Hard Coat Anodized)
    -Mil-Spec forged lower receiver with Troy Industries Enhanced Trigger Guard (FDE Rifles are Ceracoated & Hard Coat Anodized)
    -Chrome Moly Vanadium Melonite coated 1/7 RH twist barrel, chambered in 5.56 with M4 feed ramps
    -Troy Industries free float modular 13″ Alpha Rail system with integrated spring loaded front M4 Battlesight
    -Mp tested mil-spec bolt and carrier with upgraded extractor and properly staked gas key
    -Troy Industries Battle Ax 6 postion (Pinned for compliant models) buttstock with Mil-Spec receiver extension
    -Troy Industries Medieval Flash Suppressor/or pinned Claymore Muzzle Brake
    -Troy Industries Rear Folding Battlesight
    -Troy Industries Enhanced CQB Pistol Grip
    -Troy Industries 10 round Battlemag

DICKSLogo2010Small.png

Top Bottom