• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    I have just put a set of Tru-Glo TFO (Fiber optic and Night sights) on my M&P40 and really like the quick acquisition and of course the visibility. My problem/question is whether the Fibre optic in the Front sight can be changed to a Red instead of the Green, as in low/no light, you have a great sight picture coming up with the visible dots, but it would seem quicker to be able to differentiate the front from the back two.

Is there an easy way to do this or am I "barking up the wrong tree" here... I don't understand WHY they wouldn't do this AT the manufacturer!!

Thanks for your thoughts, and suggestions...

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    I have looked into this and found no definitive answer. My guess would be that yes you can replace it since I saw a ton of issues with people trying to CC with them breaking. Your best bet would be to call Truglo and see if there would switch them out for you, which I am sure they would for a cost (just like their bow sights). From my understanding the tritium is in front of the fiber optic and the fiber then carries light to it which in turn causes it to glow. In theory, I imagine you could remove the front one and go to a local archery shop and get a short piece of fiber in the color you want and insert it in there. This depending on the diameter of the fiber of course. Most archery shops carry .10, .19 & .29. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom