• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Wow, just WOW! To borrow a line from Forrest Gump's Momma, "Stupid is as stupid does."

Prosecutors say the drugs were bound from California to Pennsylvania when they were intercepted in Putnam County. The suspect apparently thought covering his bags of marijuana with mustard would hide the odor. Instead, it’s what got him caught.

Driving east on I-70, a state trooper stopped the suspect’s truck for routine inspection and noticed an overwhelming smell of mustard inside the truck. The trooper then quickly discovered 48 pounds of high-grade marijuana covered in the condiment.

Is it still high-grade weed if covered by mustard? I'm leaning towards no.

Truck driver busted trying to hide 48 pounds of marijuana with mustard | Fox 59

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    How often do truck drivers get pulled over for a "routine inspection"?

It happens often. Many states have entire organizations devoted to making routine stops and inspections on commercial vehicles. No PC/RS needed, just routine roadside inspection. My dad runs a trucking company and has been stopped numerous times, it doesn't matter how good or bad your truck looks, how good your driving is, anybody can be stopped.

That being said, IIRC, Indiana's INDOT law enforcement division was mostly dismantled several years ago. You no longer see the cars on the road, and the routine stops/inspections are left up to regular law-enforcement officers, which more than likely aren't making routine stops, or making road-side vehicle inspections.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    At first I thought they meant he hid it among a shipment of packaged mustard, and I thought that made some sense. I have once again misjudged the stupidity of some people.

Top Bottom